B'wood v. Centinnial-AGAIN

Village Idiot

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sportsmanship,

I guess that includes shaking hands when the game is over, win or lose. Back when I used to play, that used to be automatic. Let's see what happens in this game. Hope the administration is looking- :thumb:

Boy, bbl you are correct. Hopefully the B'wood A.D. has chatted with Jaime about her antics.

problems with sportsmanship in Williamson co.?

Not really. And it's not the team or parents, either. It's just that booty shakes and cartwheels should come AFTER a coach has rejoined the team, not in the middle of the post-game handshake line.

I haven't been around here long, but where I come from, that's not an accepted practice. Like bbl said earlier, "...that includes shaking hands when the game is over, win or lose." It doesn't include the aforementioned booty shakes and cartwheels and other antics.

I hate to see a good coach, a good team, and a great rivalry overshadowed by a few seconds of poor judgement, but right now, IMHO, it is. Maybe tomorrow will be the start of something more positive--you know it's gong to be a great game, no matter what.

problems with sportsmanship in Williamson co.?

I've witnessed this great rivalry for the past 4 years. The sportsmanship among the kids and their parents seem to be as good as can be expected. However, I do agree that the dance performed by the Bwood coach should be shelved until after they win a state championship. Now that would be something to dance about!Good luck to both teams this week.

Not really. And it's not the team or parents, either. It's just that booty shakes and cartwheels should come AFTER a coach has rejoined the team, not in the middle of the post-game handshake line.

I haven't been around here long, but where I come from, that's not an accepted practice. Like bbl said earlier, "...that includes shaking hands when the game is over, win or lose." It doesn't include the aforementioned booty shakes and cartwheels and other antics.

I hate to see a good coach, a good team, and a great rivalry overshadowed by a few seconds of poor judgement, but right now, IMHO, it is. Maybe tomorrow will be the start of something more positive--you know it's gong to be a great game, no matter what.

I've seen these 2 teams play before, and they always shook hands after the game. Not one time have I ever seen the b'wood coach do her cartwheel until after the handshakes were done, and they were back near their dugout. Maybe some schools are just jealous cuz they dont have a young female coach that relates to the girls as their coach does, nor can they do a cartwheel.

Edited by Bleacherbum

I've seen these 2 teams play before, and they always shook hands after the game. Not one time have I ever seen the b'wood coach do her cartwheel until after the handshakes were done, and they were back near their dugout. Maybe some schools are just jealous cuz they dont have a young female coach that relates to the girls as their coach does, nor can they do a cartwheel.

OMG-and I call myself an "Idiot." You were doing very well right up until that last sentence. Another example of ten seconds of bad judgement (along with poor spelling and punctuation). But that's okay-I've had my ten seconds before and probably will again. I just try very hard not to do it publically. :ph34r:

P.S.--from the last sentence I'm going to guess either you haven't seen the CHS coach or else you are waaaay behind on that visit to the optometrist.

OMG-and I call myself an "Idiot." You were doing very well right up until that last sentence. Another example of ten seconds of bad judgement (along with poor spelling and punctuation). But that's okay-I've had my ten seconds before and probably will again. I just try very hard not to do it publically. :ph34r:

P.S.--from the last sentence I'm going to guess either you haven't seen the CHS coach or else you are waaaay behind on that visit to the optometrist.

I think my spelling and punctuation is just fine....at least I know how to spell the coach's name right...and its not Jaime

I think my spelling and punctuation is just fine....at least I know how to spell the coach's name right...and its not Jaime

And I graciously accept your notation on the spelling of the name. Remember, no matter what they write, just make sure they spell the name correctly. Hopefully, you can share with us the knowledge you withhold so that the same mistake might not be repeated. I do apologize if I have stepped on a rather exposed nerve.

I am looking forward to the game tomorrow, as I believe it will be even more enjoyable than this little exercise today. Seriously, though, tomorrow let us all, fans, parents, and coaches, remember to let the girls play the game and the outcome will be what it will be. While you and I may enjoy the vicarious thrill of internet "gigging", for the girls there is a little more to it. Hopefully we'll all follow the classy example set by the players on both sides, before, during, and after the games.

Good luck tomorrow, BB. I'm hoping "ya'll" are going to need it. :thumb:

I just hope the better team comes out on top...i have an opinion on who i think that should be but i will not state that just so i dont start DRAMA...i feel that each team has good sportsmanship(i do think that the brentwood coach shouldn't do the cartwheels or whatever until like state because she even did it in regular season games)...but goodluck to everyone

I just hope the better team comes out on top...i have an opinion on who i think that should be but i will not state that just so i dont start DRAMA...i feel that each team has good sportsmanship(i do think that the brentwood coach shouldn't do the cartwheels or whatever until like state because she even did it in regular season games)...but goodluck to everyone

some coaches smoke victory cigars, she just happens to do cartwheels...not to downgrade the opposing team...its just something she does for her girls. Expectations are high at b'wood, so I'm sure she does it to help relieve some of the pressure.

Both teams are pretty much equal, based on their records which I believe against each other is 4-4. Even though one team has to lose, at least they both have a great shot of advancing. they both have some of the best pitching in this area, which can carry a team a long way.

Edited by Bleacherbum