riverdale-siegal

my2cents

Guest dare_2_dream

All right, the two best AAA teams will be playing in Soddy tomorrow afternoon. By mere logic, that's the state championship but as usual, the state championship usually happens before the media recognized game... :D

i agree. same thing happened in basketball this past year in AA (Bolivar and Mitchell playing in the first round).

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree. same thing happened in basketball this past year in AA (Bolivar and Mitchell playing in the first round).

Yep, this happens all the time. There's always a region loaded with top teams in every sport. Games like the one tomorrow measure you no matter win or lose. It should be a great game.

With no dog in the hunt, I think about a year ago everyone was saying that it was between these two schools to win it all. But as I recall someone forgot to tell the rest of the schools. And lo and behold there came one that did not want to listen, or didn't care what others had to say. Beat both of you and won the state, I was suprised too. There are 7 other teams that might not be so quick to give up. Will there be another Red Bank this year? On the other side, that should be one great game to see.

Every year top teams in their sport match up prior to the championship game for one reason or other. No matter what the outcome in the state playoffs, there may be a time when the two best teams in the state matched up prior. Stats, power ratings and winning percentages are typical indicators. I'm not taking anything away from the recognized state playoff system. It's just a fact of life that things happen and the best two teams aren't usually matched up at state time.

No dog in this fight either.......JUSTMYTWOANDONEHALFCENTSWORTH.3pennies.jpg

Edited by ERA

With no dog in the hunt, I think about a year ago everyone was saying that it was between these two schools to win it all. But as I recall someone forgot to tell the rest of the schools. And lo and behold there came one that did not want to listen, or didn't care what others had to say. Beat both of you and won the state, I was suprised too. There are 7 other teams that might not be so quick to give up. Will there be another Red Bank this year? On the other side, that should be one great game to see.

well said my2cents. If Riverdale and soddy were all so almighty as they believe they are, then they wouldnt get beat like they did last year. Maybe they have the best players, but that doesnt necessarily mean they have the best team. you never know how anyone reacts when that collar gets a little bit tight.

Guest Cutters Crazies

call me crazy but didn't Liberty win AA....so the Bolivar vs. Mitchell matchup was not the title game just as Riverdale vs. Soddy Daisy is not the title game...people may think it is but just look at AA basketball for proof that it doesn't work out that way.

Every year top teams in their sport match up prior to the championship game for one reason or other. No matter what the outcome in the state playoffs, there may be a time when the two best teams in the state matched up prior. Stats, power ratings and winning percentages are typical indicators. I'm not taking anything away from the recognized state playoff system. It's just a fact of life that things happen and the best two teams aren't usually matched up at state time.

No dog in this fight either.......JUSTMYTWOANDONEHALFCENTSWORTH.3pennies.jpg

You could have said my oneandonehalfcentsworth but noooooo you always have to come out on top. :thumb::) How dooes your wife stand you since the girls are gone? Oh, I know you take it out on us! :):)

You could have said my oneandonehalfcentsworth but noooooo you always have to come out on top. :):) How dooes your wife stand you since the girls are gone? Oh, I know you take it out on us!

Sorry, I coudn't find a nickels' worth :thumb:

Secondly.......she finds it more difficult every day...... :)

Sorry, I coudn't find a nickels' worth :thumb:

Secondly.......she finds it more difficult every day...... :)

ERA...good luck to Riverdale..I just hope the TSSAA sends in an impartial group of umpires for that game, otherwise your team is up a creek without a paddle. Cpt. Kirk owns the Chattanooga umpires, and they never try to hide the fact that they are partial toward his teams

ERA...good luck to Riverdale..I just hope the TSSAA sends in an impartial group of umpires for that game, otherwise your team is up a creek without a paddle. Cpt. Kirk owns the Chattanooga umpires, and they never try to hide the fact that they are partial toward his teams

Surely your not talking about the out in the open slaps on the back and joke telling before the games and all the :):) are you? You must be badly mistaken :thumb: