Perfection by Spencer Nelson and the Bruins!

necvol

Look no further than your own city to find out who deserves better. We need to get Byrd and his roundtable of merry men to fork over some funds to improve our schools here. But somehow I don`t think that will happen in the form of a property tax. Too many of them own property. I could really get on a soapbox about the private school graduates on the commission and other ties to private schools but its just not the right place. But I think my point is made. :)

Hey aren't you a private school graduate yourself?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about the 15 run rule after 3. Is that the rule?

I will say that the Mitchell Coach, players and Admin. were very nice to us. Our players were very complimentary of the Mitchell players and the way they handled themselves. I admire the Coach and the kids for their attitudes. It is a shame the City and King Willie will not provide these kids decent facilities! They deserve better!!!

Yes, it's the rule.

That's one thing that's nice about the Memphis Redbirds' operation. They're a non-profit organization, and most of their proceeds go to helping inner-city baseball and softball programs -- providing fields, gloves, bats, balls, etc. so they can play. They fund some junior high programs for the city too. I think it'll help make city baseball more respectable in the long run, but it'll take a while for them to catch up.

One thing that's sad is that the park system was one of the first things they cut the budget from -- and that meant the city quit maintaining baseball and softball fields for anyone, period.

Usually 15-0 after 3 is automatically the game, don't know if they would give up or not, don't know a thing about the program.

I really dont believe 15 after 3 is a rule, only 10 after 5 is a clear cut outa the book rule. 15 after 3 is often agreed upon between coaches in a game like this to keep it from getting to embarrassing. USJ couldve made it worse than it was im sure, but they have more class than that. USJ would literally have to give it a big effort not to score 15 runs in 3 innings against some of our inner city school teams here in memphis would.

But back to what I was saying, 15 after 3 is not technically a rule, but often played like one.

Looks like they had a tough obstacle against Mitchell or whoever they were! Great win, good luck at state!

I know that USJ can't help who they play, but I believe you could take a local Little League team to play Memphis Mitchell in baseball and it would be a competitive game. Now if we are talking football or basketball it would be a different story. There was not an easier route than the route USJ had to get to the state tournament... Check it and try arguing with me.... USJ is a very good team, and will compete for a title, but come on, there has got to be a way to make it more challenging for a state tournament bid......

I know that USJ can't help who they play, but I believe you could take a local Little League team to play Memphis Mitchell in baseball and it would be a competitive game. Now if we are talking football or basketball it would be a different story. There was not an easier route than the route USJ had to get to the state tournament... Check it and try arguing with me.... USJ is a very good team, and will compete for a title, but come on, there has got to be a way to make it more challenging for a state tournament bid......

You`re right. We should bring Div II teams back into Div. I. That would be better. :)

You are right and I'm sure after USJ wins 2 or 3 AA Championships, the TSSAA in it's great wisdom will see fit to pick another multiplier out of thin air. I say they will go with a 5.59 miltiplier the next time around. But guess what, USJ can compete in AAA also...just ask Bartlett and Germantown if we can compete with them. It will be tougher but USJ will still compete!!!

I would be willing to bet that if everyone would be honest less than 5% on this board thought USJ had a chance to make State this year in AA.

You are right and I'm sure after USJ wins 2 or 3 AA Championships, the TSSAA in it's great wisdom will see fit to pick another multiplier out of thin air. I say they will go with a 5.59 miltiplier the next time around. But guess what, USJ can compete in AAA also...just ask Bartlett and Germantown if we can compete with them. It will be tougher but USJ will still compete!!!

I would be willing to bet that if everyone would be honest less than 5% on this board thought USJ had a chance to make State this year in AA.

Multipliers are nothing new. Several states have them. What they need is a merit based system.

I doubt there were 5% that thought USJ could not compete at AA. USJ has had a good program for several years.