Unicoi County Lady Devils

hard_ball1

What can I possibly say about the past four years? Better yet, how can I find the right words to accurately describe what these years have meant to me when everything I think of only seems to fall short? I have loved every second of these four years. Even though I would become frustrated at times, we all know there was never a place on Earth that I would have rather been. Nothing can ever replace the Lady Devils softball program, at least not in my heart. Four years ago I had a coach that saw something in me, and for whatever reason, he gave me a chance. Because he gave me an oppurtunity to play, I somehow fell in love with this game. My life was changed forever.

Basically, I want to thank my teammates, the parents who believed in me, the coaches, and everyone else who came to support not only me, but the team as a whole. You have all become like family to me, and I will never forget each of you. For those of you who did, I want to especially thank you who stood up for us on these message boards. There were few things that bothered me more than to see someone blast the program publically on here. Sometimes people don't realize that they may not know exactly what they are talking about, and yet they continue to say things without true knowledge of the circumstance. We are all human, I realize. Sometimes I just wish people would think before they speak. I suppose that society, as a whole, would be better off if we did that.

This season I tried my best to lead this team in a way that they would learn to respect the game, the players, and everything else that goes with it. This season I realized more than ever how quickly it goes by. As an underclassman, you don't really see things the way a senior does. It's different when you are looking at the end...as it is right in front of you. We should all learn to take nothing for granted. Anything could happen at any given moment. You never know when your last day playing, or even living, could be. I hope and pray I was able to pass these ideas on to the other members of the Lady Devils. If for nothing else, I hope they remember me for taking nothing for granted, not a single second, and then try to do the same themselves. No matter what the case may be, Devils, DON'T GIVE UP. DON'T YOU DARE GIVE UP!

We had a good run this year. I don't regret a single thing. We may have fallen short of our goal this season, but that is overshadowed by so many good things. Players and fans, try to remember those moments...the Williamsport, PA game in Summerville, SC...the come-from-behind win over Johnson County...the 2-0 victory over Elizabethton on senior night (one I won't soon forget)...defeating Johnson County after they beat us 1-0 two days before...beating Elizabethton twice in one day...coming from behind in the 8th inning for that second victory...and carrying on the tradition of not only coming out on top of the conference, but also being district and regional champions. I will never forget any of it.

Thank you all...blue devils and those I have played against for four years...for the memories.

Edited by hard_ball1

What can I possibly say about the past four years? Better yet, how can I find the right words to accurately describe what these years have meant to me when everything I think of only seems to fall short? I have loved every second of these four years. Even though I would become frustrated at times, we all know there was never a place on Earth that I would have rather been. Nothing can ever replace the Lady Devils softball program, at least not in my heart. Four years ago I had a coach that saw something in me, and for whatever reason, he gave me a chance. Because he gave me an oppurtunity to play, I somehow fell in love with this game. My life was changed forever.

Basically, I want to thank my teammates, the parents who believed in me, the coaches, and everyone else who came to support not only me, but the team as a whole. You have all become like family to me, and I will never forget each of you. For those of you who did, I want to especially thank you who stood up for us on these message boards. There were few things that bothered me more than to see someone blast the program publically on here. Sometimes people don't realize that they may not know exactly what they are talking about, and yet they continue to say things without true knowledge of the circumstance. We are all human, I realize. Sometimes I just wish people would think before they speak. I suppose that society, as a whole, would be better off if we did that.

This season I tried my best to lead this team in a way that they would learn to respect the game, the players, and everything else that goes with it. This season I realized more than ever how quickly it goes by. As an underclassman, you don't really see things the way a senior does. It's different when you are looking at the end...as it is right in front of you. We should all learn to take nothing for granted. Anything could happen at any given moment. You never know when your last day playing, or even living, could be. I hope and pray I was able to pass these ideas on to the other members of the Lady Devils. If for nothing else, I hope they remember me for taking nothing for granted, not a single second, and then try to do the same themselves. No matter what the case may be, Devils, DON'T GIVE UP. DON'T YOU DARE GIVE UP!

We had a good run this year. I don't regret a single thing. We may have fallen short of our goal this season, but that is overshadowed by so many good things. Players and fans, try to remember those moments...the Williamsport, PA game in Summerville, SC...the come-from-behind win over Johnson County...the 2-0 victory over Elizabethton on senior night (one I won't soon forget)...defeating Johnson County after they beat us 1-0 two days before...beating Elizabethton twice in one day...coming from behind in the 8th inning for that second victory...and carrying on the tradition of not only coming out on top of the conference, but also being district and regional champions. I will never forget any of it.

Thank you all...blue devils and those I have played against for four years...for the memories.

hard_ball1 you will never know what you mean to me and my family.... Thank you for letting me be apart of your life for 2 years.... It is a joy to watch you on the field and I cant wait to watch you play in collage because you know I WILL be there.... I am so proud of you.... What will my daugther do without you, when she came up as a freshman you took her in and took care of her.... keeping her calm and keeping her head in the game.... You are like a sister to her.... You are and will always be a big part of the Lady Blue Devils.... There will be another person watching and keeping a eye on you and you know who that is he loved you very much and was very proud of you.... He couldn't wait to watch you play in collage but, if you will keep him in your heart he will always be right there with you.... Good luck in every thing you do and reach for the stars.... And remember that sometimes it happens(haha).... And we are still going to Pigeon Forge we will call you.... :thumb:

has there ever been a more true lady blue devil? my mind can think of some that come close to you, but you exceed all others. there are those who play the game, and there are players. you, #11, are a player. you live it and breathe it. everyone that has ever watched you play, knows that. that, my dear friend, is something to be proud of; to hold you head high about.

as a leader and teammate, you were a motivator and always have been. you embraced and understood the story of the turtle on the fencepost...he didn't get there by himself :thumb:...life has knocked you some loops, and you still come out positive. i am so very proud of you.

as a person, i know of no-one with better character or with higher potential. i can't wait to see what the future holds for you.

I've been fortunate to meet some very good coaches at Unicoi County High School. To name a few: Coach Fisher, Coach English, Coach Cooper and of course, Coach Lingerfelt. They never downtalk an opponent; they're proud of their players, as athletes, and as individuals; and of course, they know how to win.

But, ultimately, it's all about the players. It's the student/athletes who have to get the job done, set the high standard. And being the only senior, you were the sole torch-bearer for a proud, tradition-rich softball program. Not an easy task.

So, how did you do? Well, the other posters seem to think you're something special.

So does someone else: While you sat in the dugout after the game, a beautiful little girl came to be with you. She was Awestruck. The admiration she holds for you speaks volumes. Her eyes never left you. Even in defeat, she was comforted by being next to you. No scorebook can explain that.

Good Luck, Emily!

Kim Richardson

Edited by krichunaka

You truly will be missed! Good Luck at King, love ya, kid

Very very nice post..I can understand where your coming from on that post..Im the short stop from unaka & i think i got to talk to you once or twice on the feild & i think your a wonderul sftbl player & a great person ! Good luck to you & in everything you do #11 ! buckshot#o0

Are you going anywhere to play ball?

"Play with your heart"

Edited by buckshot00

Very very nice post..I can understand where your coming from on that post..Im the short stop from unaka & i think i got to talk to you once or twice on the feild & i think your a wonderul sftbl player & a great person ! Good luck to you & in everything you do #11 ! buckshot#o0

Are you going anywhere to play ball?

"Play with your heart"

Hey buckshot00! She's going to King. I think they're really assembling an awesome team for Bristol. Look out, Wes Holly. Hope you'll join them, maybe as early 2008, buckshot!