McKenzie vs. Forrest

mcfan10

I am so sick and tired of hearing excuses dealing with this game! Tired of hearing if there was another game or whatever. There has never been a championship series or anything like that in high school baseball. You play one championship game and the winner takes all. How could you say hayes is mediocre?? He shut the door on the what was supposed to be the best hitting team in single A, explain that. Apparently they hadn't seen any good pitchers this year. Im not taking anthing away from minor bc he is a heck of a pitcher, but he just got beat that day. McKenzie are the state champs, its time to accept that and start giving them very much deserved credit!! I think many people would agree with all of this.

Cool down. There was a very big "if" mixed in there with the statement about Hayes being mediocre....... At the next level the difference in these two pitchers will be glaring. That's all I'll say b/c no one seems to want to see it now....... Yes, McKenzie has won the state championship. Congratulations to them for winning. I wasn't trying to say McKenzie doesn't deserve the title. I think in this case the championship was fair in every way. However, it was not like that in all classifications. Every championship game did not have two unbeaten teams going head to head with their no. 1's. That is why I agreed about the series system.....By the way, the state championship game has not always been winner take all the first time. In the old system of 4 teams, if a situation like that of USJ and Covington occured, then Covington would've had to beat USJ twice.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool down. There was a very big "if" mixed in there with the statement about Hayes being mediocre....... At the next level the difference in these two pitchers will be glaring. That's all I'll say b/c no one seems to want to see it now....... Yes, McKenzie has won the state championship. Congratulations to them for winning. I wasn't trying to say McKenzie doesn't deserve the title. I think in this case the championship was fair in every way. However, it was not like that in all classifications. Every championship game did not have two unbeaten teams going head to head with their no. 1's. That is why I agreed about the series system.....By the way, the state championship game has not always been winner take all the first time. In the old system of 4 teams, if a situation like that of USJ and Covington occured, then Covington would've had to beat USJ twice.

McKenzie had the better defense that day-both teams had the same amount of hits. Our good but impatient batters struck on what amounted to a lot of balls being thrown fast, that were not necessarily strikes. Some were, don't get me wrong, but a lot were not. Hayes did a great job, enough to get the win and the title, with a lot of help from his defense. And for the record, McKenzie's two runs were unearned according to the Tennessean.

I think the boys should be like the girls, and make you have to lose twice to be out of the championship game.

I'm posting this at the risk of being called partial and someone telling me I'm full of "BS". YES I am partial. Just like you folks from McKLenzie are. I loved every minute of that state tournament, even though we are runners-up. The Rockets will always be first in my book.

McKenzie had the better defense that day-both teams had the same amount of hits. Our good but impatient batters struck on what amounted to a lot of balls being thrown fast, that were not necessarily strikes. Some were, don't get me wrong, but a lot were not. Hayes did a great job, enough to get the win and the title, with a lot of help from his defense. And for the record, McKenzie's two runs were unearned according to the Tennessean.

I think the boys should be like the girls, and make you have to lose twice to be out of the championship game.

I'm posting this at the risk of being called partial and someone telling me I'm full of "BS". YES I am partial. Just like you folks from McKLenzie are. I loved every minute of that state tournament, even though we are runners-up. The Rockets will always be first in my book.

You want some cheese with that whine? :lol: