random thoughts for the end of state

Debi21959

As the state tourney soon comes to an end and everyone returns home to read all the wonderful things written on coach t i wonder what they will think... I know coach t is completely peoples opinion and everyone is in titled to their own opinion but i think alot of people need to realize that perhaps some of the posts should be a little less mean...I am a player and i read these posts about our team and i just really wanted to say that we including every team in the tourney as well as all softball teams work extremely hard all year long to go to state and to do our best... Not everyone can play their best game everyday..Good teams lose it happens you dont have to talk down about them just because they lose...derogatory things shouldnt be said about a team just because someone gets on coach t and predicts that they will win state..that is not the team saying that they are gonna win or possibly even the own teams fans...like i said people have their own opinions but remember as a player i read these posts and i just find it interestin how mean some parents can be, when their kids have great sportsmanship maybe the parents should learn a few things from their kids and be a little more possitive about other teams...also i kno their are great rivals out there and that is always great fun but dont get mean about it that only worsens things...once again u have ur own opinion u can choose to read this and be like this kid needs to get off coach t but then again u could read it and realize that maybe some of the posts u made could be more possitive!! thanks and congrats to all the girls who worked extremely hard this year..its been an honor playing with and against each and everyone of you!!

Debi,

I couldn't agree with you more! Everyone needs to remember that there are players reading these message boards and the negative, mean comments don't help anyone. Great rivalries are born out of the mutual respect of the teams and players. These rivalries are fun for everyone, not because we spend time saying horrible things about each other, but because we know there will be a great game to watch. I would love to see us encourage these types of rivalries as opposed to who can talk the most trash. We have watched games and couldn't appreciate the ability of the players on the field because the fans and the coaches were displaying such bad sportsmanship. That is a disservice to the girls that work so hard for so many months. Debi's team is lucky to have a member that is a team player and I hope more will learn from this post. This is a good way to end a great high school season, and enter in to the travel ball season.

As the state tourney soon comes to an end and everyone returns home to read all the wonderful things written on coach t i wonder what they will think... I know coach t is completely peoples opinion and everyone is in titled to their own opinion but i think alot of people need to realize that perhaps some of the posts should be a little less mean...I am a player and i read these posts about our team and i just really wanted to say that we including every team in the tourney as well as all softball teams work extremely hard all year long to go to state and to do our best... Not everyone can play their best game everyday..Good teams lose it happens you dont have to talk down about them just because they lose...derogatory things shouldnt be said about a team just because someone gets on coach t and predicts that they will win state..that is not the team saying that they are gonna win or possibly even the own teams fans...like i said people have their own opinions but remember as a player i read these posts and i just find it interestin how mean some parents can be, when their kids have great sportsmanship maybe the parents should learn a few things from their kids and be a little more possitive about other teams...also i kno their are great rivals out there and that is always great fun but dont get mean about it that only worsens things...once again u have ur own opinion u can choose to read this and be like this kid needs to get off coach t but then again u could read it and realize that maybe some of the posts u made could be more possitive!! thanks and congrats to all the girls who worked extremely hard this year..its been an honor playing with and against each and everyone of you!!

BRAVO!!! COULD NOT HAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSELF. PARENTS FORGET THAT THIS IS AN AMATEUR SPORT AND YOU GUYS ARE NOT PROFESSIONALS. CONGRATS TO YOU YOUNG LADY AND TO ALL THAT CAN PLAY THIS SPORT. SOME PARENTS NEED TO STOP LIVING THROUGH THEIR CHILD. THIS SPORT LOSES ALOT OF PLAYERS BECAUSE OF PARENTS AND THEIR NASTY ATTITUDES AND ABUSIVE BEHAVIOR TOWARD THEIR OWN KID WHEN SHE MESSES UP. IT IS A HONOR TO WATCH ALL OF YOU PLAY.

Edited by alwaysplaywithpride