Top Teams at Team Camp.

jamieroper

I know it is just team camp. And some teams may have missing players, but a good topic would be "how teams are doing".

Richland. Can do nothing but improve. The loss of Vaughn is great. #24 can handle the point guard roll but she is too valuable elsewhere. My recommendation; play #24 at the 3 and have 2 other girls work together to bring the ball up. When #33 comes back from injury she could be one of the two. She is experienced and can set some screens that will rattle teeth. Richland looks OK at times and bad at others. When playing what appeared to be an average Upperman team, Richland lost by a ton. However, they did beat Jackson County by 2 with #33 and Chow Ming both out.

Moore County. I do not think they could be playing much better, unless they get another coach. They soundly beat Jackson County and if they could have made their layups, Moore County would have won by 20 plus. #10 is a great player but the offense is centered too much around her. Others find themselves just standing around looking on. They have way more talent than I expected and would have to be the favorite right now in D11. However, I have not seen Santa Fe play yet. Moore County has the pick and roll working great. Their players know how to adjust when you overplay the pick and they turn it into a layup. They get to the basket well. Perhaps my biggest surprise is #25. Boy has she become a ball player. I wish we had her at Richland. And a super nice young lady too.

Jackson County. Well, I guess the best thing I can say is that there is no quit in these girls. And no size. They are a small team. The biggest girl, I think #45, came off the bench but is still inexperienced. They will fight til the end but if Clarkrange and RBS have anything, Jackson County will not make it out of regionals.

Upperman. They JV looks better than the Varsity. The Varsity was not impressive looking, however, they just slowly beat the crap out of you. I believe we were up 4 to 3 at the end of 1. They beat us by over 20 I believe with them switching girls 5 at a time. They will be contenders this year. I dont know how but they just whip your butt.

Your opinions are welcomed. :blink:

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elizabethton played Jackson County this morning at the MTSU camp and won 46-26. Jackson County stayed within shouting distance of the Cyclones through the first half trailing by only 5. EHS pulled away in the third quarter. JC has some shooters and they play very disciplined and hard, but no size. JC had a number of fans at the game and I would be interested to hear their take on it and the cyclones.

And for Coachh17: JV made it a sweep of Jackson Co this morning winning by 3, playing with seven on JV (no cross-overs from varisty). Varsity played the nine returning from last year. The tenth (CC) is out with a knee injury.

• 2 weeks later...

Elizabethton played Jackson County this morning at the MTSU camp and won 46-26. Jackson County stayed within shouting distance of the Cyclones through the first half trailing by only 5. EHS pulled away in the third quarter. JC has some shooters and they play very disciplined and hard, but no size. JC had a number of fans at the game and I would be interested to hear their take on it and the cyclones.

And for Coachh17: JV made it a sweep of Jackson Co this morning winning by 3, playing with seven on JV (no cross-overs from varisty). Varsity played the nine returning from last year. The tenth (CC) is out with a knee injury.

I was not at this game or camp, but, I do know that Coach Brown plays mostly 11 and 12 year olds on his JV team (last years 6th and 7th graders). As for Varsity I've heard that they are short and inexperienced, but what I know is that return 2 starters, one of which was last year Regional MVP, and One senior that got as much playing time as anybody on the team last year. As for the rest it remains to be seem But once again I would like to add that I do know that they are a group that Coach Brown has worked with since about age 9. I wouldn't get overly excited about camp play if I were you.

Edited by powerplay