Db vs South

readnoevil

SMOKED!! 44-0

That's 13 in a row and 44-3 for Graham Clark vs local teams. I heard unofficial stats.. DB 370 YDS TOTAL OFFENSE - SOUTH 47 TOTAL YDS OF OFFENSE. South punted more times than they had 1st downs.

DB'S LB'S WERE THE DIFFERENCE.

Bo Burton was the best QB on the field.

2-0 and on a

ROLL TRIBE ROLL

GIDDY UP!!

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Throp, one thing you did not know and the reason behind his taunts, South made a TShitrt that said "DB stinks" on the front and "Throp Swallows" on the back. First off South administration should have not allowed that shirt in the game, period. But, the shirts were there. I know if a shirt said that about me or my son, and they played a great game and helped wear out a team that hyped themselves this year like South did, I say have at it Throp. No kid deserves to be taunted like Throp was. As far as I am concerned, when that shirt was created, Throp had EVERY right to rub it right back in the South fans faces.

Roll Tribe!

Keep making excuses for him. That's exactly the reason he acts the way he does. Sure, there was no excuse for the shirt ( I didn't see such a shirt, but I'll take your word for it). Almost all good athletes have been taunted by opposing fans since the beginning of organized sports, but the great ones have class and take it in stride. That's what separates the good ones from the great ones. I'd say Peyton Manning has never been taunted by opposing fans has he? Unfortunately, and sadly, that's part of it.

It's about an 80 year old lesson boys. Tonight's nothing more than the latest installment. One of the things I love most about D-B is the history of success and how the locals hate it so much. Those kids from South tonight literally had Great Grandparents that lost big games to Kingsport "back in the day." Then they got married and taught their kids to hate D-B only to watch their own children take another beating. Fast foward to 2006 and the genetics lesson continues. Now these Seniors will graduate having never beaten D-B and teach their kids to hate the Tribe. In about 20 years when their off-spring grow up........guess what? ROLL TRIBE!!!

Vol,

you go ahead and look for something...Josef has two sisters and a mother and to have to have "your" coaching staff and the administrations of the two schools have to talk to try to keep those shirts off the players and out of the stands is absolutely unbelievable...I am a UT grad and don't recall Peyton ever having such a rude and vulgar shirt made about him, do you?...if you condone that shirt being in front of your mother, wife, kids, etc...then I hope you wear one to church...or the South pep rally...

The Tribe has spoken and the Indians WON 44-0...have another good season...

Roll Tribe Roll

It's about an 80 year old lesson boys. Tonight's nothing more than the latest installment. One of the things I love most about D-B is the history of success and how the locals hate it so much. Those kids from South tonight literally had Great Grandparents that lost big games to Kingsport "back in the day." Then they got married and taught their kids to hate D-B only to watch their own children take another beating. Fast foward to 2006 and the genetics lesson continues. Now these Seniors will graduate having never beaten D-B and teach their kids to hate the Tribe. In about 20 years when their off-spring grow up........guess what? ROLL TRIBE!!!

Hilarious post! You don't by any chance teach Spanish at D-B do you? :blink:

Vol,

you go ahead and look for something...Josef has two sisters and a mother and to have to have "your" coaching staff and the administrations of the two schools have to talk to try to keep those shirts off the players and out of the stands is absolutely unbelievable...I am a UT grad and don't recall Peyton ever having such a rude and vulgar shirt made about him, do you?...if you condone that shirt being in front of your mother, wife, kids, etc...then I hope you wear one to church...or the South pep rally...

The Tribe has spoken and the Indians WON 44-0...have another good season...

Roll Tribe Roll

When Peyton went to Gainesville one year, he was spit on and had batteries thrown at him. I guess you are right, the shirts are much worse. Like I said, I didn't see these shirts, but I WILL take your word for it. The kid/kids that wore them should be punished. Now, are you happy? I'll admit that we have some kids that need to be punished if one, just one, D-B fan will admit that Throp needs to be taken behind the wood shed.

Nope, and I don't teach math at South either......of course neither does anyone else.

:blink:

Best Game ever by Coty Sensabaugh. He caught the Ball and Ran with it!!!

3 Catches

120 Yds

2 TD's

That is big results that have been waited on for a long time. Coty can bust out this year, and if he can equal or exceed expectations and his natural ability.... DB is going to become a force in 5A Football this Season.

I saw starting Center Trevor Saylers go down in the 2nd Qtr, he was walking good on the sidelines in the 2nd half... taking it easy. His mom told me he had a hit between his knee and ankle, so that is good.

DB is ready for their first Region 1 5A Game, vs and at Knox Bearden.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

Today's Fun DB Trivia:

How many of the 6 players that were present for the pre-game honoring for playing on a national championship team actually went through all the DB feeder schools?

I can name at least 2 who didn't.

DB has a good football team and will always have a good team...its just a fact. But don't act like DB makes these kids that way, they are good because they have decent players go through there system and then they get transfers from other schools who put them over the top in the area. It is like that this year and will always continue to be.

Plus DB's coaches are the best at preparing their team for a game.

Stonewall, you are right everyone has hated DB in this area for 80 years. But don't you think in those 80 years while all the other schools in the area get consolidated, annexed and moved around that DB could have found time to win a state title? Or is it just genetics that they can't win the big game?

And just like Art said the linebackers were the difference. Thompson, Burnett and Pappas just pushed South's line around tonight and Phillips had nowhere to run.

And also while I was watching the game I said to myself "If they throw it to Sensabaugh every play I am pretty sure you could score every time." He is a great athlete.