Smyrna vs. Lavergne

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cat--

The run through the tunnel was not intentional, at least not by the head coach. He made the comment on the sidelines that he wondered why in the world that happened. If the assistants led the move, the head coach did not know and did not approve.

As for officials, I thought they did a reasonable job. I questioned the on-side kick, but replays were pretty clear. As for the fumbles, they blew one call on each side, within minutes and yards of each other, so it evened out. As for the field goal, I thought it was good, but I had a bad angle.

VI

Cat--

The run through the tunnel was not intentional, at least not by the head coach. He made the comment on the sidelines that he wondered why in the world that happened. If the assistants led the move, the head coach did not know and did not approve.

As for officials, I thought they did a reasonable job. I questioned the on-side kick, but replays were pretty clear. As for the fumbles, they blew one call on each side, within minutes and yards of each other, so it evened out. As for the field goal, I thought it was good, but I had a bad angle.

VI

The tunnel thing was done by one of the assistants that use to coach for smyrna. he thought he could play a mental game with smyrna but it only back fired on him.

#3 is Patrick Pruitt and #9 is Jamal Cooper........... I think Collins Ukwu #13 stripped Hendricks in the endzone I watched the tape and the ball was NEVER across the endzone............. (live4fridaynite615) - Rod Wilks is not even as great as you think he is i'm not saying he's bad it's just the second touchdown he made he pushed off #9 and caught it for a touchdown. I have know clue why the ref didn't throw a flag, anyways. Smyrna won! I congratulate them, but I guarantee you that the next time these two teams play it will not be that easy on Smyrna.

well pruitt probably did all he could covering wilks. its not wilks is a slouch or anything. he's probably going to do more against other corners who cover him the rest of the season. and sportsguru1 he is as good as people say he is and will be better if he gets more consistant. i want gray from lavergne to prove that the best receiver in the region is at lhs. lavergne is going to be all right tho. they have a few pretty good athletes that can make plays if given the chance. i know coach hester will get the offense straight and get those play makers the ball. dont count there season done after 1 game. u have to remember that smyrna is a good football team and might be the best team besides riverdale that they play all year. everyone is actin like they got beat by the worst team in the state

This was a very emotional game for Lavergne against a team that many are projecting to win the region and possibly even the state. There are 3 players at SHS that have been listed in the top 10 players to watch not only in this region but in the state. I sort of have a feeling that some of the foes of Smyrna may be lucky tojust lose by 21 pts. Lavergne's season is far from over. Shake this off and move on.....

Cat--

VI

You are correct about the head coach

I know for a fact coach williams was told which way to go onto the field and told the smyrna asst principal " no we are going this way " ( through the tunnel) It was done absolutlety as a stunt and it back fired in his face. He wanted to stir up some emotion and he sure did!

Lavergne needs to stop all the youth league rah rah ploys and work on playing sound fundamental football the rest of the yr and if I was the hc I would definetly tell my assistants to stop any of that non sense.