Wartburg vs. Oneida-what do you think?

SCW86

I was just wondering what the masses think about the dogs' opener against the tribe this Friday. I've heard absolutely nothing about Wartburg's team(of course these days that doesn't surprise me!). Why, I'll bet that "General Davis" comes out in a three wide out set! I see the ball taking flight.....I see the defense blitzing on every other play, aggresive defense flying to the ball with reckless abandon, Larry D. turning cartwheels......naw, even I don't find all of this funny. I would like nothing better than to see the dogs come out and play hard with enthusiasm and get a win, but I just don't see it happening. It's hard enough to beat Oneida on their home field. If Wartburg starts the season like they did last year, I see it being another long year in the county seat. Here again, I'd just like to see some enthusiasm, discipline, and heart, no matter what the outcome. It ought to be interesting the following week when Coalfield comes to town. Lord knows THEY'LL be fired up!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope The Dawgs are fired up... They are very capable of winning this game. I see the dawgs beenin fired up and alot of the students makin the trip to see some pops. If Nelson can operate the offense, and make some plays with his legs along with his arms, I think the dawgs could take it. Ima take the Dawgs in a good one.

Dawgs-20

Indians-14

Now its time for the real games to begin. This week its for real. The tribe has played well in their scrimmages, but they'll have to carry it over to the real fiday nights where it counts. Both teams will be ready to play this week lets just wait and see who wants it more. LETS GO INDIANS! GETEM!

:lol: Excuse us if we feel indifferent this week, some kids were involved in a wreck over the weekend and it appears that one is not expected to make it. I hope this tragedy has no bearing on the teams performance, but emotions are not good up here. I guess we will see how things go..........

Kaz :D

:justwrestle: Excuse us if we feel indifferent this week, some kids were involved in a wreck over the weekend and it appears that one is not expected to make it. I hope this tragedy has no bearing on the teams performance, but emotions are not good up here. I guess we will see how things go..........

Kaz :P

Kaz, I am very sorry to hear of this. I had no idea of this when I started this thread. My prayers and thoughts are with these kids and their families. This really puts things into perspective. There are so many things in life more important than football. Godspeed brother.

You know there are so many ways you can "spin" the game this week. I'm sure the Bulldogs are intent on having a better start this fall, which would put the Tribe on the defensive. Oneida has some answers they are searching for, too! I just hope the kids can focus on things and be productive in this new season. Just so it's known, We love you, Pax!

:justwrestle: Kaz

Oneida should be improved over last year. Whether it's as much as they want to be or as much as they NEED to be to put themselves in contention to host a playoff game at season's end remains to be seen, I guess, but they should be improved. I'm not sure Wartburg has improved a lot from last year. If that's the case, I'll take the Indians pulling away by a couple of scores in the fourth quarter after the new guys for Oneida have had a chance to settle in to varsity game mode. If my assessment is wrong, I figure it'll be a dogfight to the finish. <_<

I should get this out of the way, Oneida gets the early nod. They have looked relatively sound in preseason scrimmages according to my sources. I think they are at least 10, maybe 14 points better than Wartburg. They are going to have numerous play makers in the skill positions and that might just be enough to do the trick. Indians 24 Bulldogs 14

:thumb: Kaz :lol: