Football Time

the prophet

Here we go into the best time in the lives of many young me as they prepare to start ONE of thier limited seasons of football. It is the greatest game ever played

for many reasons. It is the one game in which, I an old out of shape man can not get some buddies together and play again. My time has come and gone but I look forward to that moment every Friday night for the next 16 weeks in which I stop, look, listen and the world slows down as I develop a shiver due to the full body chill that I am experiencing. "It is just a game" is a phrase that is stated about many things but Friday night football games are not "just a game." I have llived all over the country and every where that I have been, it has been more than just a game. It is a game, it is a way of life, it builds character, it gives hope, it gives ownership, it gives pride, it gives joy, saddness, excitement, it builds anticipation, it builds unity, it build spirit, and most importantly in makes all involved better people. It is football season.

Here we go into the best time in the lives of many young me as they prepare to start ONE of thier limited seasons of football. It is the greatest game ever played

for many reasons. It is the one game in which, I an old out of shape man can not get some buddies together and play again. My time has come and gone but I look forward to that moment every Friday night for the next 16 weeks in which I stop, look, listen and the world slows down as I develop a shiver due to the full body chill that I am experiencing. "It is just a game" is a phrase that is stated about many things but Friday night football games are not "just a game." I have llived all over the country and every where that I have been, it has been more than just a game. It is a game, it is a way of life, it builds character, it gives hope, it gives ownership, it gives pride, it gives joy, saddness, excitement, it builds anticipation, it builds unity, it build spirit, and most importantly in makes all involved better people. It is football season.

AMEN!

Preach on brother!

I look at it as there are really only two seasons. Football season and football recruiting season.