Best AA team in Tennessee.

str8stylin1

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year, 55-13 against Goodpasture in the championship. I'd say that's not the difference in a fumble. That's total domination. Alcoa lost by 3 points to the best team in the state per USA Today and a team that has 6 state championships in 8 years in 4A and 9 overall. As far as not playing anybody, Alcoa plays in a region that is widely regarded as one of the toughest regions year to year and they McCallie (just beat Riverdale) and Maryville. Alcoa has 7 state championships to Milan's 4. Only Maryville and Brentwood have more championship. I'd say the numbers says it all.

Last year, 55-13 against Goodpasture in the championship. I'd say that's not the difference in a fumble. That's total domination. Alcoa lost by 3 points to the best team in the state per USA Today and a team that has 6 state championships in 8 years in 4A and 9 overall. As far as not playing anybody, Alcoa plays in a region that is widely regarded as one of the toughest regions year to year and they McCallie (just beat Riverdale) and Maryville. Alcoa has 7 state championships to Milan's 4. Only Maryville and Brentwood have more championship. I'd say the numbers says it all.

Yes Alcoa did beat Goodpasture bad last year in the State but that's life.

They were the better team last year. The State Championship this year will be Alcoa vs. Goodpasture.

You said Aloca played Maryville down to the wire and they are a 4A team. Lipscomb goes to the state championship alot and has won a few titles in doing so. Goodpasture beat David Lipscomb (3A team) the first game of the season 20-13. I was there and it wasn't that close. Goodpasture's defense dominated. They are a better team this year. Alcoa has several Div. 1 prospects on their team and so does Goodpasture. It should be a great game.