Independence

BigDogDaddy

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does the rest of the seaon look like for the eagles they have tough games with dickson, brentwood, and ravenwood whats the outcomes can they run the table????

dang at the williamson county and indy topics :rolleyes: just put them on 1 but idk might lose to DC but dont c anyone else unless an upset but i believe there is to much talented teams on ourside and our side will walk away with the gold ball who ever is is

dang at the williamson county and indy topics :) just put them on 1 but idk might lose to DC but dont c anyone else unless an upset but i believe there is to much talented teams on ourside and our side will walk away with the gold ball who ever is is

Last time I checked, the topic name is right on the message board listing. Why are you reading and replying here if you are tired of all the WC teams? Start a DC thread instead of an anti WC thread and I am sure people will post there.

dang at the williamson county and indy topics :o just put them on 1 but idk might lose to DC but dont c anyone else unless an upset but i believe there is to much talented teams on ourside and our side will walk away with the gold ball who ever is is

SCN,

Please bring your translator when posting to us Indy fans...lol. We know Riverdale is absolutely the best team in the state and they might as well give you the gold ball right now. Every other 5A team is playing for 2nd. I'm sure there are more Riverdale threads or threads about other schools that were hijacked into Riverdale threads than there are Indy threads. Let us have have some fun too. :o

I have seen him this week.. he is looking better but not sure if he will start or not... all i know is, he is a very tough kid... my bet is we will see him.

About the games... we have a long strech ahead. DC will more than likely be outscored and with it being a home game for indy thats more points in there favor. Ravenwood is hurt and might be in even more of a hole by the time we roll around. I see IHS winning that. BHS young team and good team.. Depends which shows up that night. Indy has a change to run the table. 1 things for sure, if we meet franklin again, its going to be one heck of a game!

Tnsparty i was wondering if you could tell me about scotty Hazzard's status as of this week. I know he sprained his ankle last week in practice and then tried to play on it against franklin tough kid!, but he came out after the half in crutches. will he be playing against siegel???

Indy,

These are HS athletes not college or pro. I don't think it is appropriate to talk about specific players and injuries.

Don't get to post much, but I finally made it out to Independence on Friday night and was overwhelmingly impressed by everything. The facility is top notch, the student body was "crunk", and the concessions were great. My one complaint is that they need to create additional seating. I'm sure that will come over time. The support there is awesome. Also, traffic was a ***** getting out of there....one way out is never good people. I thought that was only a Davidson County thing??

As a former player of Scott Smith's and knowing some of the guys on their staff, I knew how well coached Independence would be, but I wasn't sure that they could withstand Franklin's talent level. Boy, was I impressed with the athletes Independence has. The Pettigrew kid is a stud and the Coffee kid made some very athletic plays out of his LB spot. That game was not a fluke. Once Independence flipped the field position late in the second quarter, they dominated the flow of the game. What surprised me was how good Independence's defense was, they gave up 10 early points and that was IT. Eubanks is as good a Defensive Coordinator as they come at this level.

Anyways, congrats to Scott, his staff, and most importantly, his young men, who represented themselves, their families, and their school so very well. Also, congrats to the student body at IHS, who made that place a tough environment to play in. Keep up the good work.

Edited by Quack4

Anyways, congrats to Scott, his staff, and most importantly, his young men, who represented themselves, their families, and their school so very well. Also, congrats to the student body at IHS, who made that place a tough environment to play in. Keep up the good work.

haha thanks, as a IHS student its good to hear we make a difference... You might wanna tell that to some of the people in the Indy vs. Siegel thread haha :thumb:

haha thanks, as a IHS student its good to hear we make a difference... You might wanna tell that to some of the people in the Indy vs. Siegel thread haha :angry:

I trust the "Bravehearts" will be out in full force tonight at Siegel. Good job fellas, we love to see that enthusiasm out of the student body. It really makes a difference to the team.

Don't get to post much, but I finally made it out to Independence on Friday night and was overwhelmingly impressed by everything. The facility is top notch, the student body was "crunk", and the concessions were great. My one complaint is that they need to create additional seating. I'm sure that will come over time. The support there is awesome. Also, traffic was a ***** getting out of there....one way out is never good people. I thought that was only a Davidson County thing??

As a former player of Scott Smith's and knowing some of the guys on their staff, I knew how well coached Independence would be, but I wasn't sure that they could withstand Franklin's talent level. Boy, was I impressed with the athletes Independence has. The Pettigrew kid is a stud and the Coffee kid made some very athletic plays out of his LB spot. That game was not a fluke. Once Independence flipped the field position late in the second quarter, they dominated the flow of the game. What surprised me was how good Independence's defense was, they gave up 10 early points and that was IT. Eubanks is as good a Defensive Coordinator as they come at this level.

Thanks for the nice comments. There was a post from some idiot on the forums that Indy fans were rude. I am sure he was one of the FHS fans that were chanting their "polite" comments early in the second quarter. We were waiting to hear back from them in the third and fourth quarters but they seemed to have lost their voices along with the momentum.

Edited by funky_winkerbean