Mckenzie vs Huntington

Blake38201

Yeah, it still is and will always be a big rivalry. Should be a good game this year.

1atlinggun.gif

I won't get into how good of a game it will be but, I have thoughts on this rivalry thing between the two. I think that the McKenzie/Huntingdon game is the photo negative of the McKenzie/Gleason game in a rivalry sense. With the Gleason/McKenzie game it is a game that Gleason would love desperately to win yet for McKenzie it's just a game that they don't want to lose!! Now, with the McKenzie/Huntingdon game that is just the opposite. It's a game that McKenzie wants desperately to win and for Huntingdon, it's just a game they don't want to lose.

From that stanpoint, I would say that both the McKenzie/Huntingdon and the McKenzie/Gleason games are rivalry games. Year in and year out, McKenzie will usually be more competative against Huntingdon than Gleason is against McKenzie but, that's not the point.

If you want to base a rivalry on close tough competition, let's go with Huntingdon/Milan, McKenzie/Obion Central, or McKenzie/Camden, McKenzie/Bruceton, Huntingdon/Westview just to name a few.

Yes, McKenzie vs. Huntingdon is a rivalry game with a lot of tradition. It is always one of the biggest "money games" of the season. It just may feel a little different depending on which side of the creek you live on. Same with the Gleason thing.