Alcoa at CAK

mmm71690

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TRADITION......Congrats to Alcoa.....I wish I could have been there for this one, Even though I am a CAK fan. I heard there were some positives that CAK can take from this one. First of all, they got to see what a tradition rich football program is like, sure Alcoa lost a lot of talent from last years squad...but one thing that never graduates is tradition, CAK take a look at the film and I bet if you look at every position where Alcoa lost a great athlete, they have had someone who has worked there butt off to make sure there wasnt a drop off. 2) Confidence.....Footbal is supposed to be played with fear and arragance. Nothing wrong with fear as long as you overcome the obsticle ahead, dont let fear dictate what you accept and dont accept.....3) Work Ethic, Alcoa is so deep not from a major talent pool, there school is only slightly larger than CAK, but the players they have worked there tail off, not saying CAK didnt, but you cant wait until your Junior year to decide you want to start working hard. 4) Pride, I once asked a guy from Maryville, why they one every year, his answer, I didnt want to walk in on Monday morning to school and look at all my friend after a loos and I didnt want to be the Senior class who didnt win a state championship.

Football is a game of athletes and athletes make plays, but football is also a game of determination and heart. The mind is stronger than the body and sometimes you have to will yourself into making the big play. Champions find a way to win.

Vince Lombardi once said winning is contageous, unfortunately so is loosing.

CAK you are not loosers, you fought till the end, you were beaten by a better more determined team Friday night, they know what it takes to get up for a game week end and week out. Now it is time for you to decide, will you step up and accept the challenge and run the gauntlet the rest of the season or will you quit.

I know all of you and i dont think there is a quitter in the bunch, so learn from this and come out a better team because of it.

Friday nights are exciting, now get excited, you have a lot more football to play this year.

Good luck to Alcoa, I hope you win the rest of your games until week 3 of the playoffs when you face the CAK warriors again.

R2D2

This game was about what I expected. Knox County refs kept it from getting ugly.

:ph34r:

Really don't know what the complaints with the officiating are. I watched the replay on WMAK, rewound and looked at all the penalties that were called several times (TiVo is a wonderful thing)...and except for two penalties that were called out of the view of the camera, I saw everything plain as day.

Either way, Alcoa won big, and would have won big even if the officials had thrown 25 flags on them. Officiating rarely has a major impact on a 42-point win. Alcoa was just far too athletic for CAK, and will be too much for most anyone they play this year.