CENTRAL AT HALLS?

east10football

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so is halls only starting 2 seniors on offense and 2 on defense? If so then this team could be deadly next year or years to come. I'm not giving up on this year though. I think the devils have some definite tallent that they can utilize for sure. Anyone know what's up with John Pevy? Someone said his name wasn't announced up at sevier county this past friday. Why? What happened to him? I also heard through the grapevine that the jv team lost 8-7 to SC on monday and the freshmen blew out the bears 30-7 or something. I remember this past years freshmen were pretty good, going 7-1 with their only blemish being Central and it seems as if this group now may be pretty strong. Anyone have anything they can report on all the young guys in the program?

Ya the Freshman team won 34-7 then the JV got beat 8-7....On Pevy, I know he pulled his hamstring I think during warm-ups of the Carter scrimmage and I think that is still hurting him.

As for Friday night....Lets hope it stays close....the later Central lets the young Halls group stay in it....the better a shot that they have to win....unfortunately it might not be close for long....There will be a good crowd there just because of the teams and the rivalry....Anyways, lets hope its close and good luck to Coach Julian and the mighty Red Devils!

As Always....Go Big Red!

Ya the Freshman team won 34-7 then the JV got beat 8-7....On Pevy, I know he pulled his hamstring I think during warm-ups of the Carter scrimmage and I think that is still hurting him.

As for Friday night....Lets hope it stays close....the later Central lets the young Halls group stay in it....the better a shot that they have to win....unfortunately it might not be close for long....There will be a good crowd there just because of the teams and the rivalry....Anyways, lets hope its close and good luck to Coach Julian and the mighty Red Devils!

As Always....Go Big Red!

The Freshmen and Soph. are very good. Everybody needs to realize that our best Soph. are starting on varsity and many did not play in the JV game. Halls is going to be okay. I think the Central gaime will most likely be a loss but I think Halls will stay closer than most of the possible scores I have seen. All this rain today might not hurt either.

The Freshmen and Soph. are very good. Everybody needs to realize that our best Soph. are starting on varsity and many did not play in the JV game. Halls is going to be okay. I think the Central gaime will most likely be a loss but I think Halls will stay closer than most of the possible scores I have seen. All this rain today might not hurt either.

This is correct - we have at least four sophs starting varsity - they are not allowed to play jv. This year's sophs were #1 in their region last year and would have gone undefeated if Central hadn't brought Wilson in from varsity - IF - our sophs had played varsity last year (like Central) they would have more experience under the Friday night lights as well. Not to mention the talent our Freshman are displaying on the field already (and on the basketball court) Don't give up on our boys too soon - we might be a little lean this year but next year and the next will be much better!!!

By the way does anybody know how old Soph Jamie Wilson is??? Maybe 17 - - a little old for a true soph!!!!

How many sophomores are starting on varsity? What positions are they playing?

we're all sittin over here at central laughing at the close scores you all have posted. :rolleyes:

He who laughs first gets laughed at last. Can't remember who that was qouted from but thought I would throw that into this thread.

Make sure you guys bring your fly fishing boots cause you will need it after all this rain.

Edited by reddevilfever

As Always....Go Big Red!

Sorry for the wrong info....Pevy did tweak a hamstring before the Carter scrimmage but he caught strep throat the day of the Sevier County game and wasn't able to attend school so therefore he didn't play but he will be playing tomorrow night!

As for the game....As said earlier the rain maybe will help us and medman-pretty funny because coach Julian joked today about wetting the field down tomorrow before the game....and of course he was joking so Central fans can't use that as an excuse when we beat them tomorrow! :rolleyes: Saying that....lets hope we keep it close!

Halls-13

Central-31

As Always....Go Big Red!

Edited by hhsbball12

yall just get the goats, sheep and cows out there tonite so that they can get a couple of feet off that grass. (I'm on a roll :rolleyes: )

Seriously, I am not sure why a wet field would be an advantage to Halls. Their players have to make cuts and plant a foot the same as Central's will. I also think it will keep some of the crowd away from the game and maybe spoil some of the activities surrounding the honoring of the 1996 Halls team. Let's hope for good weather for everyone's sake.