CENTRAL AT HALLS?

east10football

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a big game for several reasons:

1. It's a rivalry game

2. It's a region game. That a alone makes it a huge game this year in this region. It's also the 1st region game for both teams and you want to get off to a good start toward the playoffs.

But to me, with both of these teams having several younger players in key roles, it is big for both to build confidence. Halls should be better than they were against Sevier Co because they will have had a game under their belts. Central has two wins with the win against Farragut coming surprisingly big. If Halls could hang with or upset the Cats, it would be huge for them. I think for Halls to do that, they will have to control the clock and ball, and maybe get a turnover or two and get a short field for better chances for TDs. For Central, they just have to do what they have been doing. They have to run the ball effectively and improve in the passing game. It looks like Central's WR's should have a big advantage over the DBs from Halls in both size and speed. On defense, pressure the QB and limit Halls running game will equal a win.

I really think Central will win this one comfortably. If Central wins by a big margin, what will that do to Halls' confidence for the rest of the year? If Halls can be close or win, it could propel them to some more wins. I'll take the Cats in this one by 30. The 1st half could be close, but Central will pull away in the 2nd half.

I have seen Central in both games and they are much better than I thought. The early talk about injuries must have been a smoke screen. Centrals defense is dominant and their offense is taking advantage of opportunities. Q.B. is doing a very good job and is getting better with each game. The R.B. is special and it appears they have a couple of pretty good back ups.

I watched the replay of the Halls game and they are not very good. They got beat badly by a mediocre S.C. team. Defense is porous and offense is non existent. The only bright spot for the Devils is their kicker and the line didn't block very well for him either.

Halls will be minus yards on offense but will get a turnover and be able to kick a fieldgoal. Central will run through Halls like Shermans march to the sea and call off the dogs when they get to 42. If Halls lays down Centrals J.V. and Freshman will add a couple of T.D.'s.

Central 49 Halls 3.

It looks like Central and Maryville will again battle it out for the Region Title.