Mt.Pleasant / Huntland

MPTigerT

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to the game........Its hard to really get a take on it. Huntland played really horribly throughout except for a couple of big plays towards the end of the first half that kept them in it. Huntland cannot tackle, their defensive line is really, really bad. Mp kept running through the same HUGE holes all night. Huntland must have lost six fumbles at least. Somebody teach those kids how to protect the ball. Mp runners carried the ball firmly with both hands(thats how you coach it) ......Dailey passes a lot better than I thought he would but he dosent have anybody much that can catch it unfortunately(many, many dropped passes. Number 4 on Huntland was the only bright spot for them, he made some great plays, but he also had some really bad fumbles.

My summary.......Huntland.....needs lots of work, weak defense, fumble prone, d line and secondary really bad. Worst tackling EVER, dailey basically just ran over everybody they had all night...they seemed scared to tackle the guy.

Mp.....its pretty much the dailey show, most of the time he gets in the shotgun, takes the snap and takes off, occasionally they give to number 15 who is pretty good but its hard to tell for sure with Huntlands d...its mostly dailey right left and up the middle. MOst of his yardage was gained after breaking from two to six tackles per carry. May develop passing attack at some point.

Huntland wont make the playoffs, may only win two or three at most..... hard to tell how good mp really is based on the competition faced.

Huntland is down a bit, but so is MP. I thought Marco played a great game. Not makin any excuses, the better team won. But, HHS didn't dress two starting RB's both seniors and both play in the secondary also. If Marco had been on the sidelines in street clothes, it would have mattered.

I do agree we tackled poorly but I disagree that coaching was poor. Players have to make plays and we didn't make enough good ones and had too many turnovers.

MP will be hard to handle because they will get better with each week in developing other players to help Marco. Huntland will get better too.

Huntland is down a bit, but so is MP. I thought Marco played a great game. Not makin any excuses, the better team won. But, HHS didn't dress two starting RB's both seniors and both play in the secondary also. If Marco had been on the sidelines in street clothes, it would have mattered.

I do agree we tackled poorly but I disagree that coaching was poor. Players have to make plays and we didn't make enough good ones and had too many turnovers.

MP will be hard to handle because they will get better with each week in developing other players to help Marco. Huntland will get better too.

MP had two starting seniors not playing also. One is for the whole year and the other one possibly for the rest of the year. MP has lost 30 + seniors in 2 years. Cant make excuses, you just have to keeping plugging away and keep getting better. I know both MP and Huntland will do just that.