Science Hill Football

topvol98

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a chance to see Science Hill in their opener, and I thought they looked like a solid football team. I was impressed by the offensive line, 77 is tough.

Hopefully they will continue to improve and find all the right pegs for the righ holes and make an run in late october/early november but right now they are focused on the next game.

We have a dandy team this year and should make the playoffs as a lower seed. The team still must be more disiplined in their execution and not run wild. We have gotten away with that against two descent 4A teams, but it will hurt us against the better 5A competiton. I was also surprised not to see Scott run more in the 2nd half against Cow Town when Duhanah seemed to be taking a break from running hard. A QB change may have been in order in the 2nd half also. We have the core, but need some fine tuning.

We have a dandy team this year and should make the playoffs as a lower seed. The team still must be more disiplined in their execution and not run wild. We have gotten away with that against two descent 4A teams, but it will hurt us against the better 5A competiton. I was also surprised not to see Scott run more in the 2nd half against Cow Town when Duhanah seemed to be taking a break from running hard. A QB change may have been in order in the 2nd half also. We have the core, but need some fine tuning.

I can guarantee that Duhanah did not take an break in the second half, I think that Betsy did an great job of adjusting their defense and Science Hill got one dimensional. I agree that I thought Scott should have had more touches in the second half and I hope that the play calling in the future will keep them both involved throughout the game. I agree with the fine tuning. I believe that the Vikings will give us a better picture of where the team is at on both sides of the ball. The defense if flying to the ball and making stops. It was able to make the Betsy one dimensional and contain an quaterback that can hurt you with his legs but bent alot agains Centrals running game that didn't have any air support. I think we will see in the Vikings a more balance team and offer a better glimpse of how good the defense can be. :P

Science Hill looks to me like they are a well rounded football team. An accurate QB, two very good RB’s (1 very fast, 1 very strong), good receivers and a solid O-line. A defensive front four that is as good as anyone I’ve seen and a linebacking core that is strong too. I have also read from a EHS fan that he thought the defensive backs for SHHS was more talented than D-B’s. What I have noticed more than anything with SHHS team is how big these kids are and they also have good speed.

Me and my son plan on going tomorrow night to watch the Tennessee High vs. Elizabethton game. I want to watch THS play before I make a prediction.

Edited by Fitness4life