Commando Classic Softball Tournament

HHS51

Add the following teams to the tournament.

Wilson High School (Alabama)

McEwen High School - 2 day option

Ooltewah High School

Siegel High School - 3 day option

This is about half of the teams that can enter the tournament. If you have been in the tournament in the past you need to call or e-mail me if you want in the tournament. I think it will be full in the next couple of weeks.

Andy Griffin

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a very strong field. Sequatchie has had mixed results in such tournaments over the years, usually depending on the pitching (beat teams like East Ridge, Ooltewah, Red Bank in some seasons, lost badly in others). I expect them to be more competitive this spring, graduated only one full time starter, an outfielder, and bring in a really strong freshman class for the second straight year (won the local 8th grade conference last year, several play on good summer teams).

Edited by Indian

Some teams have just called to make sure they get in and did not tell me how many days they were going to play and a couple are waiting to see if they can get out of school. I will post the entire field and the number of days they are playing at a later date.

Add the following teams that have called or sent in information.

Pigeon Forge High School - 2 day

Mt. Juliet High School - ?????

Add the following teams to the tournament. I should be full by the end of next week.

GPS - 2 day

LaVergne - 4 day

Unicoi County - 2 day

Bolton - 3 day

Munford - 4 day

Walker Valley - 3 day

Powell - ???

East Robertson - 4 day

Tullahoma - 2 day

This should put the total at 45 teams. I know I can take 11 more and maybe 14 if I can get the Vol State field like we have had in the past.

Add the following teams to the tournament.

Houston High School - 3 day

Pope John Paul II - 2 day

Ravenwood - ?????

Station Camp - ?????

This puts the total teams in the tournament to 49. I can only take the next 7 for sure and maybe 11. I have several new teams this year so some of the teams that have played in the past will not be able to be in the tournament. Looks like the best field of teams that we have ever had.

• 2 weeks later...

Add the following four teams to the tournament. I can only take the next four unless someone drops out for some reason. I do have one school that was not 100% sure they could play and I will check with them to make sure.

Halls High School 2 day

Gibbs High School 3 day

Smyrna High School 2 day

Blackman High School 3 day

Add the following 3 teams to the tournament.

Seiver County High School - 2 day

Monterey High School - 2 day

Farragut High School - ????

This leaves only one spot if all of the teams that have entered stay in. The only one that was not 100% sure was Baker High School out of AL. They had a couple of things they had to work out and I have not heard from them. Looks like it is going to be a very good field.