Top 2 teams go to the gold bracket and 3 & 4 go the silver bracket

Edited by play4keeps

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Lady Wildcats Tournament began this evening. Originally scheduled for 8 teams, Trousdale County did not show up due to some miscommunication, the 7 remaining teams battled it out.

Wilson Central over Oakland 25-20, 25-21

Wilson Central over FRA 25-20, 25-19

Oakland over Station Camp 25-13, 25-11

Lebanon over MJCA 25-20, 25-20

Lebanon over Hendersonville 25-17, 25-18

MJCA over Hendersonville 25-22, 25-13

Tomorrow morning WC will face Station Camp and Oakland will face FRA at 10:00 a.m.

The Lady Wildcats Tournament began this evening. Originally scheduled for 8 teams, Trousdale County did not show up due to some miscommunication, the 7 remaining teams battled it out.

Wilson Central over Oakland 25-20, 25-21

Wilson Central over FRA 25-20, 25-19

Oakland over Station Camp 25-13, 25-11

Lebanon over MJCA 25-20, 25-20

Lebanon over Hendersonville 25-17, 25-18

MJCA over Hendersonville 25-22, 25-13

Tomorrow morning WC will face Station Camp and Oakland will face FRA at 10:00 a.m.

Any results? I heard that Lebanon beat Wilson Central in the gold division and that Hendersonville beat FRA in the silver. Is this correct? Anyone have any statistics or anything?

Any results? I heard that Lebanon beat Wilson Central in the gold division and that Hendersonville beat FRA in the silver. Is this correct? Anyone have any statistics or anything?

Sorry, I was so wiped out after working the tournament this weekend that I forgot all about posting the results!

Saturday

Wilson Central over Station Camp to move to gold semi finals.

Oakland over FRA to move into gold semi finals

Wilson Central over MJCA to move into Gold Finals

Lebanon over Oakland to move into Gold Finals

Lebanon over Wilson Central to win the tournament

Hendersonville over FRA (in 3 games) in the Silver bracket to win Silver Division

Lebanon went undefeated and goes into this week with a record of 17-2. Wilson Central continues district play this week with matches against Gallatin (9/11), LaVergne (9/12) and Beech (9/14).

Thanks play4Keeps--glad to know that the information I got was correct. Heard it was a very well run tournament.

Thanks, I'm glad you heard it was well-run. We had a major glitch on Friday night when Trousdale county didn't show up and we had to re-work the schedule.

We didn't win, but we had fun :thumb: AND, I'm glad we only do one a year!

Thanks, I'm glad you heard it was well-run. We had a major glitch on Friday night when Trousdale county didn't show up and we had to re-work the schedule.

We didn't win, but we had fun :o AND, I'm glad we only do one a year!

How were your crowds and did you get the crazy concession thing worked out? We heard that the tournament went very well despite the glitch which seems to happen sometimes. Great work.

How were your crowds and did you get the crazy concession thing worked out? We heard that the tournament went very well despite the glitch which seems to happen sometimes. Great work.

The Fine Arts Dept did the concession stand just as I expected, complete with Popcorn, Nachos and Candy -- and not much else. Most of the teams ran up Hwy 109 to Wendy's, McDonald's or Sonic.

Our hospitality room fed the coaches, refs and our team. It was pretty wonderful with a taco bar on Friday night and whole grilled Chicken breasts, roast beef, ham, etc. on Saturday and a wonderful breakfast spread.. Some of the refs and coaches said they like to come to our tournament just for the food :lol:

Crowds were light in my opinion. Of course, the big Ezell Harding tournament was also that weekend but the WC/Lebanon match had lots of interest -- of course. I think next year will be different as we will have the construction of an auxilliary gym (also known as the volleyball gym) completed and will be able to have one (maybe 2?) more courts and can host 12 teams instead of 8.

Our biggest issue right now is what to do with all the extra t-shirts we ordered. We were expecting the other team (and the ensuing sales) so we have quite a few left over. I'm thinking EBAY :thumb:

The Fine Arts Dept did the concession stand just as I expected, complete with Popcorn, Nachos and Candy -- and not much else. Most of the teams ran up Hwy 109 to Wendy's, McDonald's or Sonic.

Our hospitality room fed the coaches, refs and our team. It was pretty wonderful with a taco bar on Friday night and whole grilled Chicken breasts, roast beef, ham, etc. on Saturday and a wonderful breakfast spread.. Some of the refs and coaches said they like to come to our tournament just for the food :lol:

Crowds were light in my opinion. Of course, the big Ezell Harding tournament was also that weekend but the WC/Lebanon match had lots of interest -- of course. I think next year will be different as we will have the construction of an auxilliary gym (also known as the volleyball gym) completed and will be able to have one (maybe 2?) more courts and can host 12 teams instead of 8.

Our biggest issue right now is what to do with all the extra t-shirts we ordered. We were expecting the other team (and the ensuing sales) so we have quite a few left over. I'm thinking EBAY :thumb:

UMMM, did you invite the Principal to the Hospitality room????

UMMM, did you invite the Principal to the Hospitality room????

LOL! Actually, we did. Both he and the AD spent a considerable amount of time partaking in our feast :lol:

We've come to terms with not being able to fundraise using the concession stand and the parents appreciate the opportunity to actually watch the matches as the hospitality room is a classroom with a door that opens to the track above the gym floor. We don't mind the cooking, it becomes a very social activity for us. I feel kind of bad for the parents in the concession stand though...they looked mighty bored. :thumb:

LOL! Actually, we did. Both he and the AD spent a considerable amount of time partaking in our feast :)

We've come to terms with not being able to fundraise using the concession stand and the parents appreciate the opportunity to actually watch the matches as the hospitality room is a classroom with a door that opens to the track above the gym floor. We don't mind the cooking, it becomes a very social activity for us. I feel kind of bad for the parents in the concession stand though...they looked mighty bored. :thumb:

Sounds like a plan is brewing and you really didn't do yourself any harm. If you have a lot of kids playing in the program, the principal will be the first to recognize it and know that funds have to be raised someway. Evidently the school is funding VB or the Booster club is helping. Get a lot of people involved and administrators understand numbers. If the AD is involved with Basketball and I think he might be, wonder how they are getting their money. Can their Booster club run the concession stands. If you get your own gym, maybe that will change a lot.