SO WHAT BOUT THOSE BLACKMAN FRESHMAN?

Bhsline73

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Freshman football does NOT matter. When I was a freshman, we played Columbia Central and they were the most dominating team I'd ever seen. 32-0 and that was just the first half...they took their stars (including Ole Miss signee Isaiah Smith) out at halftime.

Centennial played them and lost something like 65-14 and Centennial even brought sophomores to the game and still took that beating.

The two schools that make up Independence lost a comined 97-14 to Columbia.

Last year, Independence defeated Columbia in varsity ball 35-22 for its first ever win.

Now that we're seniors, Columbia isn't very good at all. I thought for sure they'd be competing for a 5A playoff spot but instead they're barely squeaking out wins against Northeast.

It just shows that some players peak early, some quit football, and some work their tails off to get better from the time they're freshman to the time they're seniors.

Time will tell. The IHS freshman team is undefeated too.

Edited by donathan5507

Guest Cutters Crazies

What about the freshman team with Marques Locke, they were supposed to be amazing as they dominated in middle school, don't really remember what they did the freshman year.

Problem for Blackman is the teams before them were AWFUL. I remember Siegel freshman coaches last year ran the same 3 plays after halftime it looked like and said it probably could have been as big as they wanted but they know Blackman was no threat. Finished up 32-0 mainly becausing of coaching restraint from Siegel. Need continuous talent to build up a team from the depths like Blackman is right now

I got a question as I do NOT really know. Did 4 of them get pulled up for the Varsity game last night? And second 'if' they did can they still play on the 'Freshman' team against other schools?

If so then it is good for the players and Blackman in general, but it may hurt their Freshman games from here on.

i think the rules are you cant ply no more then 6qrts per week but im not sure that was what i was told last year when i asked the ?