ripley

knew going into the game that ripley had a good defense……

but did not realize that their 2 d linemen were that good.....75(mcelrath) and cannot remember the other kid are as solid as any d linemen i have seen in a long time....... and the #33 was solid as well.....

ripley and dburg is always a great game......i thought ripley had the hardest hitting defense that dyersburg faced last year and this year was no different...

I didn't think Ripley's offense was too bad either. It was a good game, and hopefully we'll see each other again in the playoffs.

it could happen... i got too see crockett and milan play and ripley should beat crockett if ripley stays healthy.. i have also watched covington play and i would say ripley is got the best d-fence in the region. 75, 73,70, and 33 can flat out play... ripley was solid.. i belive they held calwell to 100 maybee a little over 100 but any one who holds him under 150 is doing a great job... this was the first game calwell has caried the ball more than 10 times. <_< ripley is well coached and will be in the play offs if they stay healthy

Edited by high school sports fan

i tip my hat to ripley, the tigers played a heck of a ball game against dyersburg. ripley's d-fence is awsome. they gave the trojans a fit all night. good luck tigers in region 7aaa play. <_<

thanks for the compliment we need them now let me give dyersburg theirs they have the best special teams that i have ever seen in our region and i have seen alot of football they are also fundementally sound. it was a great football game and well worth the ticket price and if we are fortunate enough to meet in the playoffs i dont think anyone will miss the game if they were at the first one

thanks for the compliment we need them now let me give dyersburg theirs they have the best special teams that i have ever seen in our region and i have seen alot of football they are also fundementally sound. it was a great football game and well worth the ticket price and if we are fortunate enough to meet in the playoffs i dont think anyone will miss the game if they were at the first one

Thanks for the compliment, Ripley fan. I am the Dyersburg statistician and I, too, was very impressed by the Ripley run defense. Caldwell had to earn every one of his 112 yards (on 21 carries). Bonarvian Taylor had a tremendous defensive game--as did McElrath, Jackson and the others up front.

Our special teams made a difference--blocked a punt for a TD, kicked 2 FGs,

punted twice for over a 40 yard average, kicked off deep, and Dyersburg had no turnovers. This helped very much to decide the outcome.

If Ripley can strengthen its passing game a bit, I think the Tigers may be able to "out physical" Covington and some other 7 3-A teams.

Friday nights Ripley-Dyersburg game was real football, hard-fought and nerve-wracking down to the very end.

Thanks for the compliment, Ripley fan. I am the Dyersburg statistician and I, too, was very impressed by the Ripley run defense. Caldwell had to earn every one of his 112 yards (on 21 carries). Bonarvian Taylor had a tremendous defensive game--as did McElrath, Jackson and the others up front.

Our special teams made a difference--blocked a punt for a TD, kicked 2 FGs,

punted twice for over a 40 yard average, kicked off deep, and Dyersburg had no turnovers. This helped very much to decide the outcome.

If Ripley can strengthen its passing game a bit, I think the Tigers may be able to "out physical" Covington and some other 7 3-A teams.

Friday nights Ripley-Dyersburg game was real football, hard-fought and nerve-wracking down to the very end.

I enjoyed every minute of the game. That's what friday nights are supposed to be about. Both teams played exceptionally well and hard. I'll emphasize the ripley defense as well, If this team is on your schedule-lookout! Get ready for a hard fought battle in the trenches. Hats off to the Tigers! Hope to see you again and good luck with your future regional games.

As a fan of the highly touted cavaliers, i just wanted to let ya'll know that we as fans are not looking forward to either of these games. Both are sure to be close, hard-fought battles with lots of big hitting and physical football. I know Ripley is huge along both lines and has athletes galore if they are anything like usual. And Dyersburg...well we all remember what happened last season, and the Trojans may even be better in 06. This region seems to get tougher every week. But with PA at the helm, the cavs won't get lazy. Don't count crockett as a win just yet.