DeKalb v Watertown

the_den

Well all i have to say i was standing in the stands in this game and i thought the losing streak was finally going to be over for DeKalb they had the game until the 4th quater with 1:51 that time on the clock will always be remembered by these boys they were playin with so much heart as they all walked off the field i think they all were crying because i saw a lot of tears coming from them i almost wanted to just cry with them but DeKalb dont give up you know yall are getting very close and give everything you have against the very good station camp team next week

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well all i have to say i was standing in the stands in this game and i thought the losing streak was finally going to be over for DeKalb they had the game until the 4th quater with 1:51 that time on the clock will always be remembered by these boys they were playin with so much heart as they all walked off the field i think they all were crying because i saw a lot of tears coming from them i almost wanted to just cry with them but DeKalb dont give up you know yall are getting very close and give everything you have against the very good station camp team next week

i felt bad for the boys to, watertown has a big play offense and that oone big play killed DeKaln also Corey Cripps had that interception which would have won it but dropped it well congrats to the boys go out there and play your hardest aganisnt station Camp

T Belle,

Obviously you've spent too much time drinking the water in h2o town :thumb: . No one will argue that Watertown is NOT a private school. However, I'll argue another point you made!

FC does not recruit. If they did they would have to play in Div II like Davidson Academy (whom FC already beat), BGA (whom FC beat in a scrimmage), BA, MBA, etc. It always amazes me how teams getting beat or getting ready to get beat by FC or other privates can't just give these schools and their coaches and players credit for their hard work and talent. If FC were recruiting (and they may be forced to if the TSSAA and their BOC votes to split privates and publics) their coaches, boosters, administrators, alumni, and players would be recruiting and helping to pay tuition for every good athlete in h2otown, Gordonsville, Carthage, Hartsville, Dekalb, MJ, Gallatin, and Lebanon. The reason FC gets the transfers from these other programs is that the kids see opportunities at FC that they can't get at their other schools. Usually the "recruiting" you refer to is from student to student or parent to parent when talking about opportunities that FC and other privates offer that kids from other schools aren't getting.

Why was it when WHS, GHS, TCHS, and others in the old District 6A were dominating Friendship or the old Castle Heights no one in those communities complained about FC or accused them of recruiting? Much like you all view Mt. Juliet Christian now, it was because all of you guys liked that "easy win" on the schedule and felt their athletes weren't as good as your teams'.

Well guess what ? It won't be easy any more those days are long gone!!! FC is looking forward to next Friday night and a chance to use all that big "athletic budget" and their "hard-worked and well trained" athletes to continue its recent dominance over the tigers.

Obviously your team has improved from last year. Looks like you even "recruited" yourselves a new QB from WC. Best of luck in your preparations and congrats again on your 3-0 start and top 10 AP ranking. We'll see you Friday night! :thumb:

just to let you know wtowns QB isn't new. he just came back to the school, he played as a sophmore for watertown. second of all dont be too confident that FCS's "dominance" will continue. I respect all the players at FCS but WHS is not the same team from years past. Yall may not respect us but you best not overlook us. Watch out for the Purple Tigers, because FCS is coming to our packed house friday night.

just to let you know wtowns QB isn't new. he just came back to the school, he played as a sophmore for watertown. second of all dont be too confident that FCS's "dominance" will continue. I respect all the players at FCS but WHS is not the same team from years past. Yall may not respect us but you best not overlook us. Watch out for the Purple Tigers, because FCS is coming to our packed house friday night.

I've said it before, and i will say it again... watertown is not a horrible team, not as bad as past years, But i do not see how watertown could beat FCS when FCS is at it's highest. Especially since watertown hasn't beaten them when FCS has not had thier best teams and sometimes even rebuilding years.

I've said it before, and i will say it again... watertown is not a horrible team, not as bad as past years, But i do not see how watertown could beat FCS when FCS is at it's highest. Especially since watertown hasn't beaten them when FCS has not had thier best teams and sometimes even rebuilding years.

you never know though Cannon county ended there 36 years of losing to dekalb county last year even though dekalb has been in rebuilding for about 10 years but they are really gettin somewhere now i think with the new coach

Edited by high_school_footballfan

well said :thumb: