best RBs in Chatanooga

loverboy25

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did he do against Brentwood? Boyd, Central and East Ridge are about the easiest opponents to play in the Chattanooga area.... Now if he does that against MBA, McCallie, MUS and Brentwood then I would say he is very good but Baylor has yet to play anybody....

Have you seen this guy???He is huge...and he did fine against Brentwood. Boyd isn't that bad. Brian Marshall did well against Central...But like you said that isn't saying much...and i haven't heard about him any of the other games...who all have you played...and how has he done??

We have played 5a power (Cookeville 11-2 last season), Rhea County ( always in playoffs every year and contender for region title this year) McMinn County ( much improved 5a team with the best running back in the region) and Chatt Central ( who is horrible ). I'm sure Kevin is a great running-back, I'm just saying you guys haven't played anybody. You played Boyd-Buc who is 0-4 in 2a, E.R. who is 0-4 in 3a, and Central who is 0-4 in 4a...... Brian has played well this year. He is a small back ( 5'6 155 ) who is very very tough to bring down and is also lighting fast. I'm not taking anything away from Mr. Cooper. All that I am stating is the level of competetion that he has ran against is horrible! Just stating facts!

Rushing Leaders (yards per game) in the Chattanooga area (as of Sept 10):

Name School G Att Yds TDs YPC YPG

Kevin Cooper, Baylor 4 71 554 3 7.8 184.66

Chas Scruggs, Lookout Valley 3 69 429 3 6.2 143

Brian Marshall, Ooltewah 4 93 556 6 6 139

Charles Hardy, Hixson 3 36 305 4 8.5 101.7

Josh Smith, Tenn. Temple 3 46 304 3 6.6 101.3

Otis Rumph, Tyner 3 29 278 5 9.6 92.66

Phil Fulmer and the Vols coaching staff think he is very impressive...and he is UT bound. Where is who you think is better going?

How did he do against Brentwood? Boyd, Central and East Ridge are about the easiest opponents to play in the Chattanooga area.... Now if he does that against MBA, McCallie, MUS and Brentwood then I would say he is very good but Baylor has yet to play anybody....

You are right Cooper is great...no make that awesome. When all is said and done Coop will be the pride of Chattanooga as far as backs go for this year. Been recruited by major colleges since last year...committed to UT already. Enough Said!

hahaha... no one said Marshall was better. You guys brought up Marshall... I think Cooper is a great running back but all I am saying is that he hasn't played anyone! No one has said Marshall is better... Get over it!

Have you seen this guy???He is huge...and he did fine against Brentwood. Boyd isn't that bad. Brian Marshall did well against Central...But like you said that isn't saying much...and i haven't heard about him any of the other games...who all have you played...and how has he done??

Mccallie has played teams like Riverdale...were yards do not come easy, Boyd is alright but Kevin Cooper has not been challanged yet. Anthony Conney hands down is the best...he may not have the most yards but come see him play and run people over.

In less than 2 weeks I will get to see Conney at the Baylor vs mcCallie. He may be a good back but why is he not getting any press? Anyway, we'll see when Cooper goes against Conney in that game. My money would have to go on Cooper.

Mccallie has played teams like Riverdale...were yards do not come easy, Boyd is alright but Kevin Cooper has not been challanged yet. Anthony Conney hands down is the best...he may not have the most yards but come see him play and run people over.