best RBs in Chatanooga

loverboy25

Sorry but their is not alot of logic as to what you are saying.

1. Not only does Coop have the most yards...but he does run over people as any of the sports experts that follow hs football attest to each Friday night. Also is a UT verbal already.

2. You say we (McCallie) has played the likes of teams like Riverdale. You failed to mention that after that you only played Briarcrest who is in the cellar for D2 and Knox Powell....which has nothing.

3. So Baylor has playd Brentwood and you have played Riverdale.

Sorry but again your logic is just not there.

Mccallie has played teams like Riverdale...were yards do not come easy, Boyd is alright but Kevin Cooper has not been challanged yet. Anthony Conney hands down is the best...he may not have the most yards but come see him play and run people over.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In less than 2 weeks I will get to see Conney at the Baylor vs mcCallie. He may be a good back but why is he not getting any press? Anyway, we'll see when Cooper goes against Conney in that game. My money would have to go on Cooper.

He is not getting a lot of press because mccallie has a lot of people to talk about...unlike baylor who only has coop. Mccallie has BJ Coleman, Joel Bradford, Walter Dozier and Reggie Pointdexter. Also its not like Baylor has had a tough road, Central and Boyd, the only touch game yall have had is Brentwood and Mccallie plays them Friday night.

Edited by nemoore

Coaches look at size and speed... I've seen a ton of players get scholorships just because of their size and speed. Not because of their play... I'm not saying that about Cooper, he is a great back but the UT coaches loves his size and speed and thats what matters in college football. I wanna see how he does against good competetion....

[You totally missed the point. I only mentioned that McCallie has only played one tough opponent to date...because he mentioned that Baylor has only played one. Yes, McCallie does have alot of name players but get real....Cooper is the top back in Chattanooga and that has nothing to do with him being the only name for Baylor or McCalllie having alot of names. Coop is the top back...according to the supposed experts that follow anyway. Just like BJ is the top qb.

quote name=nemoore' date='Sep 11 2006 - 08:23 PM' post='826135560]

He is not getting a lot of press because mccallie has a lot of people to talk about...unlike baylor who only has coop. Mccallie has BJ Coleman, Joel Bradford, Walter Dozier and Reggie Pointdexter. Also its not like Baylor has had a tough road, Central and Boyd, the only touch game yall have had is Brentwood and Mccallie plays them Friday night.

Lets don't get all girly and show our sensitive side. I do not think that McCallie was being downed at all...but yes McCallie does have some good players this year...mostly seniors that you mentioned. But out of that bunch isn't BJ the only verbal to a major school also....just like Coop. No need to get all sensitive on this. I think the debate was over who is the best running back and not how many players McCallie has. Best back.......Cooper!

Agreed and I think he will do great against tough competition. I don't think UT would offer a scholorship unless they felt really good about him. As for the competition that everyone keeps referring to I have looked at other schedules and no one is really setting the woods on fire for tough schedules yet. To early in the season.

Coaches look at size and speed... I've seen a ton of players get scholorships just because of their size and speed. Not because of their play... I'm not saying that about Cooper, he is a great back but the UT coaches loves his size and speed and thats what matters in college football. I wanna see how he does against good competetion....

Since when did the number of "name players" keep a player from getting press if a performance warrants it? It has not stopped BJ, Bradford or Cooper from getting it. Conney or whoever may be a good player but lets get real with your excuse on why no press.

Ok, you mentioned MUS as one of the teams to see how Coop would do....he ran for 202 yards against them....impressive again.

How did he do against Brentwood? Boyd, Central and East Ridge are about the easiest opponents to play in the Chattanooga area.... Now if he does that against MBA, McCallie, MUS and Brentwood then I would say he is very good but Baylor has yet to play anybody....

Edited by bigred4life