Brentwood Academy vs. McCallie

Buzzman

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its that time again. The two top ranked teams in Division 2 go head to head this Friday. Thoughts? Predictions?

My advice is to NOT bet on this game. I have not seen McCallie this year, but they probably will not match up talent wise with BA. However, BA has been very predictable and boring on offense. Good coaching and hard play has been an answer to slow down the talent. I know McCallie will bring both of those to the game. If BA executes some of the pass patterns that they have been trending toward in spirts over the past two weeks, they will be hard to beat. Their running game is brutal if you can't stack 8 in the box. So, hold your money! Too many variables! I will pick BA, however, because I am a biased optimist. :(

Game of the year so far in DII. BA and McCallie appear to be the two best in AAA so far, and neither has faced a team as good as the one they will play next week.

This is totally from a BA perspective, since I have only heard and read about McCallie, not seen them. BA will try to control time of posession to keep the ball out of Coleman's hands. If they can wear down McCallie's defense with some pounding, long drives, and have a 60/40 T.O.P. edge, I say they have a good chance to win. They will need to keep some pressure on Coleman and keep him from getting too comfortable.

Should be a good one!

Game of the year so far in DII. BA and McCallie appear to be the two best in AAA so far, and neither has faced a team as good as the one they will play next week.

This is totally from a BA perspective, since I have only heard and read about McCallie, not seen them. BA will try to control time of posession to keep the ball out of Coleman's hands. If they can wear down McCallie's defense with some pounding, long drives, and have a 60/40 T.O.P. edge, I say they have a good chance to win. They will need to keep some pressure on Coleman and keep him from getting too comfortable.

Should be a good one!

Good analysis but making Coleman (un)comfortable is a tall order. The boy lives for pressure.

The two best teams in the state...

BA-38

McCallie-34

This is the early to mid 90's BA, they will not lose this year.

I don't see that much scoring. I understand BA can grind it out similar to R'dale but maybe with even more talent. If that's correct, then less scoring as BA grinds and Coleman tries to score the few times McC gets the ball. In any case we'll get to watch two well coached teams deciplined and talented teams.

I've always been impressed that, win or lose, BA's players exhibit exemplary sportsmanship.

Should be a good one!

One must remember that Coleman scores fast and often. He does love the pressure. BA's running game is good but their passing game is debatable. Caffe does not handle the pressure well at all. With BA only throwing the ball 10 times per game, just want get the job done. McCallie wins.