Brentwood Academy vs. McCallie

Buzzman

Congratulations McCallie. B.J. Coleman is the real deal and #9 (not sure of his name) had a great game. BA played well in spurts, but it took our Defense a half to even slow the McCallie O down. Two good teams, a great atmosphere -- you get the feeling that they'll meet again . . .

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coleman has to touch the ball to throw it (duh!) R'dale did a great job of keeping him from getting within a mile of the ball (450 yds rushing). Of course, their coach had a brain fart at the end of the game which allowed BJ and receivers to show their stuff. If BA can keep the ball and use those 400 LB lineman to control the clock, could be a great time on the way back to B'wood

Well, you were right. For us to have had a chance we needed to control the ball more than we did. A shootout is no place to find ourselves against you guys. No surprises out of Coleman except that he was even smoother than I thought. Our only chance was a decisive victory up front and that did not happen. Your line did a great job. A lot of people came to see a good game last night and they did. It will take some extrodinary circumstances to deny McCallie the gold ball this year.

McCallie has a very good and exciting team. Coleman is as smooth a high school QB as I have ever seen. He just makes things happen. #9 Bradford really does it all. Small but is all over the place. The D did a good job of putting pressure on Caffe. I saw the same thing last night as I did against Baylor. He can not handle the pressure, just not good about making the right decision when the pressure is on. Yes, he can throw the ball when no one is coming after him, but Garrett made some big time catches to keep BA hanging on. One catch was a one handed catch that was unbelievable. Has Garrett had any offers from D1 schools? I think that Garrett and #93 could play D1 next fall but anyone else looks to maybe go small school.

The question remains: Can anyone score with McCallie? Defense looked pretty good too.

Riverdale and BA both scored with McCallie. Just not enough. I think the defense was good and the coordinator called a good game. Two crucial fumbles that were totally credited to the defense intentionally stripping and slapping. McCallie will have to beat themselves if they are to lose this year.

I'm new to Tennessee high school football and not sure how the playoffs work. By all appearances McCallie and BA are the class of the field in D2. My question is if they take care of business and finish 1/2, will they be in opposite sides of the playoff bracket?

2 great teams, in a great league, played a great game with sportsmanship and respect. Last night is what high school football is all about.

My question is if they take care of business and finish 1/2, will they be in opposite sides of the playoff bracket?

Yes.

DIIAAA looks to be shaping up, for sure. McCallie at the top. Ryan did what they had to do last night by defeating a team they should defeat. Sounds like BA put up a good fight, but lost to the better team yesterday. Baylor stunned MUS to put a serious hurt on the Owls chances, and CBHS MBA, well what can you say? The silence from West End right now is deafening. They had to be really surprised by that game.

My rankings today:

McCallie

Brentwood Academy

Father Ryan

Baylor

MUS

CBHS

MBA

Briarcrest

I still think that on a given night, anyone (except Briarcrest) can beat anyone.

Some big games coming up.

Edited by itzme

Absolutely agree, with the talent and coaching in this league anyone can beat anyone on any given night. I would just hate to see the 2 best teams meet in a semi-final, no matter who it is, just because of the location of the schools. Not trying to look too far ahead, there is a long way to go in this young season. Just wasnt sure how the system worked.

CBHS MBA, well what can you say? The silence from West End right now is deafening. They had to be really surprised by that game.

I was surprised by MBA's defensive performance against CBHS, but not surprised in the least by the offensive performance. MBA was/is on what is effectively its 4th string quarterback (a very green sophomore) and is without its best RB. How long the third string QB and the RB are out remains to be seen - at least another week for the QB. Things were dicey leading up to the CBHS game, but they are out of control now.

There's a cliche that "injuries are a part of the game", and you have to play through it. With that said, I'd be hard-pressed to find a team in the state that has been decimated by injuries more than MBA. Just bringing up some very discomforting facts.

Edited by rollredroll

I was surprised by MBA's defensive performance against CBHS, but not surprised in the least by the offensive performance. MBA was/is on what is effectively its 4th string quarterback (a very green sophomore) and is without its best RB. How long the third string QB and the RB are out remains to be seen - at least another week for the QB. Things were dicey leading up to the CBHS game, but they are out of control now.

There's a cliche that "injuries are a part of the game", and you have to play through it. With that said, I'd be hard-pressed to find a team in the state that has been decimated by injuries more than MBA. Just bringing up some very discomforting facts.

No doubt about that. MBA has been snake-bit this season.