Brentwood Academy vs. McCallie

Buzzman

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is unbelievable!!! 800 boys from 14 states and you win 1 state in 100 years. The good news is you are due. I guess percentage wise you will be due for the next 75 years or so. Anyway, prizes are not necessary. The satisfaction of passing both tests is prize enough.

Since McCallie only joined the TSSAA in the '70s (after BA did) and since there was not a TSSAA sanctioned state championship until the 70's, it would be incorrect to state that they didn't win more than one state championship in 100 years. They did have a number of undefeated teams prior to the 70's and might be able to claim mythical state championship teams. Until they win 9 state championships as BA has done they'll have to console themselves knowing they've graduated senators, congressmen, governors, titans of business (Ted Turner - well no one's perfect) and double digit National Merit Scholar winners year in and year out. On the other hand, BA has done a manificant job graduating Auburn football players and excellent employees. Keep up the good work!

Edited by uncfan13

Since McCallie only joined the TSSAA in the '70s (after BA did) and since there was not TSSAA sanctioned state championship until the 70's, it would be incorrect to state that they didn't win more than one state championship in 100 years. They did have a number of undefeated teams prior to the 70's and might be able to claim mythical state championship teams. Until they win 9 state championships as BA has done they'll have to console themselves knowing they've graduated senators, congressmen governors, titans of business (Ted Turner - well no one's perfect) and double digit National Merit Scholar winners year end and year out. On the other hand, BA has done a manificant job graduating Auburn football player and excellent employees. Keep up the good work!

That's just the type of arrogance that gives McCallie a bad name. You idiot! BA is a great school with just as many titans of the buisness world as it's alumns. Remember you don't have to be a senator, congressman, Ted Turner to be a "success". That is unbelievable uncfan that you would say that. If you were a true McCallie man you would know that kind of talk only gives McCallie a bad name.

That's just the type of arrogance that gives McCallie a bad name. You idiot! BA is a great school with just as many titans of the buisness world as it's alumns. Remember you don't have to be a senator, congressman, Ted Turner to be a "success". That is unbelievable uncfan that you would say that. If you were a true McCallie man you would know that kind of talk only gives McCallie a bad name.

Let me get my tongue out of my cheek and I'll respond.

Au contraire, McCallie was found guilty of playing unreported scholarship athletes and unfortunately didn't hire BB&S to defend themselves. The ultimate outcome might have been different and the TSSAA would now be known as the McSSAA.

Okay, guilty of cheating. Anyway, is your point that McCallie was too stupid to properly defend itself? Too bad a senator, captain of industry or a merit scholar could not bail them out somehow. Now, pick up another rock, throw it and dive back in to your glass house.

I honestly have no clue what the heck you are tlaking about, mccallie does not have a bad name first off, UNCfan is just showing the ignorant BA FAN not Fans that we have mythically man state champions due to us being in existance so long, and tonite BA will march into the hallowed Spears stadium and the best player on the field #16 in Blue will get a W for the blue.....pwn n00bs go BLUE!!!!

I honestly have no clue what the heck you are tlaking about, mccallie does not have a bad name first off, UNCfan is just showing the ignorant BA FAN not Fans that we have mythically man state champions due to us being in existance so long, and tonite BA will march into the hallowed Spears stadium and the best player on the field #16 in Blue will get a W for the blue.....pwn n00bs go BLUE!!!!

Which do you think is more of a myth? The "man state champions" ( I think you meant "many state championships") or that McCallie does not have a bad name? I mean what would you do there in Chattanooga if it wasn't for good old myths!?!

I'm not betting against your team tonight, however. I said in a previous post, "your due!". Even an "ignorant BA fan" like myself does not think #16 is a myth.

Which do you think is more of a myth? The "man state champions" ( I think you meant "many state championships") or that McCallie does not have a bad name? I mean what would you do there in Chattanooga if it wasn't for good old myths!?!

I'm not betting against your team tonight, however. I said in a previous post, "your due!". Even an "ignorant BA fan" like myself does not think #16 is a myth.

Alright, let's throw some water on this debate. We ought to have a heck of a game tonight between two of the best teams in the state. If BA can control the clock better than R'dale (I know Flatt can. Heck, my 6 year old could), BA wins. If #16 can get hold of the ball a few more times McC wins. Either way it's some of the best football in the state. BA doesn't send a lot ball players to Auburn?

Edited by uncfan13

Alright, let's throw some water on this debate. We ought to have a heck of a game tonight between two of the best teams in the state. If BA can control the clock better than R'dale (I know Flatt can. Heck, my 6 year old could), BA wins. If #16 can get hold of the ball a few more times McC wins. Either way it's some of the best football in the state. BA doesn't send a lot ball players to Auburn?

I have, of course, been tongue and cheeking like yourself. So, let's get serious. I haven't seen you guys, but you have everybody back from last year so I feel like I have. We have been weak on pass defense without facing someone like #16, so I do not feel good about stopping you. Our passing game has been spotty, so it comes down to your line. If your line can stop our running attack, we could lose by 3 TD's. Also, you have to stop the long pass, becase our new QB can throw it long and Kotas will catch it. Ravenwood just simply covered it and stopped it most of the time. Our new QB has been spotty on the short routes. It comes down to stopping the same running plays you have seen over the years with better than normal running backs. That is my take.

I have, of course, been tongue and cheeking like yourself. So, let's get serious. I haven't seen you guys, but you have everybody back from last year so I feel like I have. We have been weak on pass defense without facing someone like #16, so I do not feel good about stopping you. Our passing game has been spotty, so it comes down to your line. If your line can stop our running attack, we could lose by 3 TD's. Also, you have to stop the long pass, becase our new QB can throw it long and Kotas will catch it. Ravenwood just simply covered it and stopped it most of the time. Our new QB has been spotty on the short routes. It comes down to stopping the same running plays you have seen over the years with better than normal running backs. That is my take.

Coleman has to touch the ball to throw it (duh!) R'dale did a great job of keeping him from getting within a mile of the ball (450 yds rushing). Of course, their coach had a brain fart at the end of the game which allowed BJ and receivers to show their stuff. If BA can keep the ball and use those 400 LB lineman to control the clock, could be a great time on the way back to B'wood