Where's The Beef?

atnvol

harper (qb)is the leading "PASSER" in the county and the knovville prep xtra all while playing for an 0-4 team and basically running for his life

Paul has done a tremendous job at QB. Especially considering the fact that he has not played football since his freshman year. I think that is testament to how things have been done at PF up until now. With that being said, Paul is a drop back passer, not a spread option QB. The spread is best run by a quick, athletic QB i.e. in the mold of Vince Young. Paul Harper comes from a fine family and he is finally getting some due that he should have had coming some time earlier in his high school career. I wish Paul the very best and I hope he can get a football scholarship somewhere, if not he is a very good academic student and will do well where ever he goes to college. PF has to be the worst politically affected football team in ET. Their pricipal has set the program back for years. In my opinion, the very first coach they hired was the best. He won four(4) games his first year with out a senior class. He won four the second year and then two the third year and that is the reason the principal ran him off(not to mention that his(principals) son was also on that team and he felt he should be a QB. He just was not given enough time. The principal always uses the excuse that the coach was not being a good person. Thats a crock. Just because you use an occasional curse word and ocassionally get in a players face does not make you a bad person. As we all know , football is a very tough sport. Yes, I kind of rubbed the GP game in a little to the PF folks, but I want you to know that I was a PF fan before I was a GP fan until I could not stand to see how the principal was jerking the program around any more and the fact that I now have relatives playing for GP. PF could be a very sound program if it could ever attain any stability, but that wont happen until there are some administrative changes. Think about this, both Sevier Co. High School and GP have players starting for them that went to PF middle school and played football at pf middle. Very good atheletes that could be now making a difference at PF, but elected to go elsewhere due to the unstable atmosphere in PF athletics. That absolutely stinks and there is not much at this time that we can do about this. All that can be done is to let it run its course.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul has done a tremendous job at QB. Especially considering the fact that he has not played football since his freshman year. I think that is testament to how things have been done at PF up until now. With that being said, Paul is a drop back passer, not a spread option QB. The spread is best run by a quick, athletic QB i.e. in the mold of Vince Young. Paul Harper comes from a fine family and he is finally getting some due that he should have had coming some time earlier in his high school career. I wish Paul the very best and I hope he can get a football scholarship somewhere, if not he is a very good academic student and will do well where ever he goes to college. PF has to be the worst politically affected football team in ET. Their pricipal has set the program back for years. In my opinion, the very first coach they hired was the best. He won four(4) games his first year with out a senior class. He won four the second year and then two the third year and that is the reason the principal ran him off(not to mention that his(principals) son was also on that team and he felt he should be a QB. He just was not given enough time. The principal always uses the excuse that the coach was not being a good person. Thats a crock. Just because you use an occasional curse word and ocassionally get in a players face does not make you a bad person. As we all know , football is a very tough sport. Yes, I kind of rubbed the GP game in a little to the PF folks, but I want you to know that I was a PF fan before I was a GP fan until I could not stand to see how the principal was jerking the program around any more and the fact that I now have relatives playing for GP. PF could be a very sound program if it could ever attain any stability, but that wont happen until there are some administrative changes. Think about this, both Sevier Co. High School and GP have players starting for them that went to PF middle school and played football at pf middle. Very good atheletes that could be now making a difference at PF, but elected to go elsewhere due to the unstable atmosphere in PF athletics. That absolutely stinks and there is not much at this time that we can do about this. All that can be done is to let it run its course.

Just to set the record straight, GP has only one player who played for PF in middle school.