Where's The Beef?

atnvol

Gatlinburg Pittman 45 pigeon forge 12

First Observation; GP was much, much more physical than pf.

Second, pf does not have any clue what defense is or how to tackle.

Third, you cannot run a spread offense SUCCESSFULLY with a immobile quarterback.

Fourth, To BigBlue: Where was GP's supposedly weak pass defense? pf completed 44% of passes for a paltry 164 yards. NONE down the field! pf's best play was a middle slip screen to its slots or backs. BigBlue says it doesnt matter what type of atheletes you have if you sit in the zone all night in the secondary. I say BAH HAA HAA. Now tell another one!!!! That was a good one !!!

Fifth, eagle 3314 says BigBlue knows more about EVERY defense than just about anyone in ET. I say BAH HAA HAA, thats another good one!!!

Finally, to beefinbox; who says the GP offense was predictable. It was! Gp sweeps left...touchdown.....GP sweeps right....touchdown....GP up the middle..touchdown... GP passes on the right boundary....touchdown...GP passes on the left boundary....touchdown. Beef says GP has a simple pass defense that should be easy to exploit. The pf offense scored one touch down on the GROUND on a second half drive after the game was decided. The drive was aided by 40 yards in penalties against GP.

tidbits: pf had a minus 19 yards in rushing. GP had 453 yards in offense to pf's 164. pf had 7(SEVEN) PERSONAL FOUL PENALTIES. This speaks volumes about the pigeon forge coaching staff. Glad things are back to normal!!!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Third, you cannot run a spread offense SUCCESSFULLY with a immobile quarterback.

Fourth, To BigBlue: Where was GP's supposedly weak pass defense? pf completed 44% of passes for a paltry 164 yards. NONE down the field! pf's best play was a middle slip screen to its slots or backs. BigBlue says it doesnt matter what type of atheletes you have if you sit in the zone all night in the secondary. I say BAH HAA HAA. Now tell another one!!!! That was a good one !!!

Fifth, eagle 3314 says BigBlue knows more about EVERY defense than just about anyone in ET. I say BAH HAA HAA, thats another good one!!!

Finally, to beefinbox; who says the GP offense was predictable. It was! Gp sweeps left...touchdown.....GP sweeps right....touchdown....GP up the middle..touchdown... GP passes on the right boundary....touchdown...GP passes on the left boundary....touchdown. Beef says GP has a simple pass defense that should be easy to exploit. The pf offense scored one touch down on the GROUND on a second half drive after the game was decided. The drive was aided by 40 yards in penalties against GP.

tidbits: pf had a minus 19 yards in rushing. GP had 453 yards in offense to pf's 164. pf had 7(SEVEN) PERSONAL FOUL PENALTIES. This speaks volumes about the pigeon forge coaching staff. Glad things are back to normal!!!

Not much there to argue with, BUT I will defend myself...Not that you will, but look back at all my post. Yes, I said GP's offense is predictable (and it is) and I said GP's defense is not very complicated (it is not) AND THEN I said IF, IF, IF PF executes (which they did not) I felt they COULD win. But, like you stated GP more or less WHIPPED PF up and down the field all night. To the coach's defense, the personal fouls at the end of the game (both teams were throwing cheap shots) were followed up by the guilty party getting pulled. Good luck to GP the rest of the season dominating the BFE Conference and enjoy the first round massacre from the first good team you play this year. :o

Not much there to argue with, BUT I will defend myself...Not that you will, but look back at all my post. Yes, I said GP's offense is predictable (and it is) and I said GP's defense is not very complicated (it is not) AND THEN I said IF, IF, IF PF executes (which they did not) I felt they COULD win. But, like you stated GP more or less WHIPPED PF up and down the field all night. To the coach's defense, the personal fouls at the end of the game (both teams were throwing cheap shots) were followed up by the guilty party getting pulled. Good luck to GP the rest of the season dominating the BFE Conference and enjoy the first round massacre from the first good team you play this year. :lol:

Could I get you some sharp cheddar cheese to go along with your classic whine? :thumb:

Not much there to argue with, BUT I will defend myself...Not that you will, but look back at all my post. Yes, I said GP's offense is predictable (and it is) and I said GP's defense is not very complicated (it is not) AND THEN I said IF, IF, IF PF executes (which they did not) I felt they COULD win. But, like you stated GP more or less WHIPPED PF up and down the field all night. To the coach's defense, the personal fouls at the end of the game (both teams were throwing cheap shots) were followed up by the guilty party getting pulled. Good luck to GP the rest of the season dominating the BFE Conference and enjoy the first round massacre from the first good team you play this year. :lol:

Both teams throwing cheap shots at the end? Better check the game film. PF 11(starter) jerking GP 84s(freshman) helmet off? PF 53 punching another freshman.

And the appalachian coference is that much better? Check the playoff records.

At least GP will be there and not at the house watching the playoffs.

Nice win. First of all if you go back to the game film Im sure that you will see the exact coverages that I told you would. Second it doesnt matter what kind of athletes you have if all you do is zone cover people, if you could play man coverage you would but not everybody can so if you have less than superior athletes then you play zone, thats what I was saying when I said it doesnt matter what kind of athletes you have if you sit in zone coverage all night. But hey if you dont have time to throw the ball it doesnt really matter either, and Im pretty sure if you go back and look I said first thing that I thought GP was too much for the Forge this year big guy. Good Luck in the playoffs where you WILL eventually have to relive last year's 91-7 drubbing at the hands of ALCOA because the only way out of the east runs through Blount CO, and hey I bet the Tornados play ALOT of man coverage! :lol:

Both teams throwing cheap shots at the end? Better check the game film. PF 11(starter) jerking GP 84s(freshman) helmet off? PF 53 punching another freshman.

i am not fussing with what u are saying but my head coach benny hammonds would run us till we quit if we took cheap shots and i got them all night and i never reacted back just making a point

I won't defend PF's actions towards the end of the game, the guilty players showed no class. But I'm sure the GP players weren't standing around with halos just receiving cheap shots. It got very ugly at the end and that is usually instigated by the team getting whipped.

GPRB30 is right. I played for coach hammonds and if GP was throwing cheap shots, his players would not only run till kingdom come but they would be out of the game the very next play. and beef, the guilty party didn't get pulled . David Gibson scored PF only touchdown in the second half AFTER he was flagged for 3, count 'em, 3 late hits.