Powell vs. Halls

Drega06

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, O'Conner choked, period. Yes, the snapper and the holder makes a big difference in high school football, but bottom line, he couldn't make the PAT he needed. I feel bad for him, but he's had a lot of success this year, and a great player finds a way to shake off the bad plays and come up big next time. As a Powell fan, I'm glad that he missed those kicks. Don't be so hard on PowellFan. If the tables were turned, and it was Kenny Cruze throwing an interception on the last play of the game in the endzone to lose, I'm sure Halls fans would be just as happy with the mistake and the outcome.

Got to disagree again. You said you weren't there, osunut, but I was. The snap was a tad high and the holder was the QB who had just got his bell rung on the previous play. It's just the way the ball bounces, so to speak. Look, we lost, so if I thought it was appropriate to direct blame at a particular player, I would -- not on here, mind you, but I at least wouldn't take up for him on here, which I obviously am. The kick was wide left probably because it wasn't set the way he's used to. Not making excuses, just the way I see it.

I am sorry for my actions tonight in the flipping off incident but I was in the heat of the moment when the Powell players started mocking us....And it wasn't just a few sophomores....I saw Jimmy Franklin and Jonathon Price but anyways that doesnt make my actions right and I apologize to anyone who saw or was offended by it. On the same token grown men on here saying they loved to see O'Kicker miss those field goals and extra point is pretty classless themselves.

But anyway, to the game....Both defenses did play good but neither one of the offenses are that good either....Cruze did hurt us on some scrambling but the pass that got picked off wasnt a great one....and why Powell was throwing the ball up 7-0 with 3 or so minutes to go in the game I didnt think was the greatest idea but hey they won so oh well.

Hats off to Powell for the win a probably a spot in the playoffs.

Again I apologize for my actions.

As Always....Go Big Red!

I think that stuff shouldnt be on the field... It should be saved for when all of these Powell and Halls guys hang out so they can always have something to say to make fun of them, but its just plain stupid to do it on the field...also Halls isnt out of it but its would be nearly impossible for them to get in...they need to win all of their games and Powell lose all of their games...and Halls plays Maryville and Powell plays Clinton

Georgia kicker Brandon Coutu, who scored nearly one-third of the No. 10 Bulldogs' points in their first five games, will miss the rest of the season with a torn right hamstring, the school's director of sports medicine said Friday.

Coutu, who had made seven of eight field-goal attempts and all 15 extra-point kicks this season, injured his kicking leg while practicing onside kicks in Thursday's practice. An MRI confirmed the torn hamstring Thursday night.

Email me at tntixforsale@comcast.net

I think that stuff shouldnt be on the field... It should be saved for when all of these Powell and Halls guys hang out so they can always have something to say to make fun of them, but its just plain stupid to do it on the field...also Halls isnt out of it but its would be nearly impossible for them to get in...they need to win all of their games and Powell lose all of their games...and Halls plays Maryville and Powell plays Clinton

I betcha Coach Lowe has a few choice words and running assignments for those players.

Edited by DiverCity

Not being hard on Powellfan I probably have meet him be4 since my boy went to halls. He just shouldnt have been as harsh. Thats All when does OSU get that first loss Nut?

The Michigan State game scares me a little next week (simply because they have nothing to lose now that the wheels have fallen off in East Lansing) and of course, Michigan. This team is starting to remind me a little of the team they had in '98, except they have a much better coach in Tressel, and a lot less problems off the field (of course that comes with a better coach too). PowellFan, I'm not sure what I'm doing for the games tomorrow. I'll probably watch OSU at home but I don't really have any plans yet for the UGA-UT game.