Greeneville vs Cocke County

barb

Greeneville by a touchdown or two

A couple of weeks ago I would have made the same prediction, but with big Danny Bannach out with a back injury, Greeneville may be forced to throw the ball a bit more. Not that Greenway doesn't have the arm, but his receivers have been plagued with the inability to catch. We all watched in disbelief as pass after pass riccocheted off receivers chests during the disappointing loss to South. If theycan correct this problem, then Greeneville by 10.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of weeks ago I would have made the same prediction, but with big Danny Bannach out with a back injury, Greeneville may be forced to throw the ball a bit more. Not that Greenway doesn't have the arm, but his receivers have been plagued with the inability to catch. We all watched in disbelief as pass after pass riccocheted off receivers chests during the disappointing loss to South. If theycan correct this problem, then Greeneville by 10.

We will pass and run the ball very effectively against this cocke county defense. They will not be able to stop anything my team throws at them. My devils are ready to play tomorrow night and win big!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Praise the Lord!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hail Zesus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We will pass and run the ball very effectively against this cocke county defense. They will not be able to stop anything my team throws at them. My devils are ready to play tomorrow night and win big!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Praise the Lord!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hail Zesus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I certainly don't doubt that they are ready. I have not seen the Devils play this mature and disciplined in quite some time. Concerned about the dropped passes though. I mean, they are not the tallest targets, so when Greenway hits them in the bulls-eye they need to hang on.

Ok i can not see how anyone can call a 5 yrd out that is broke for a 51 yd touchdown cheap. To me sounds like a highlight play for the reciever. I apologize for the earlier statement Coach Crawford is a good man I just dont see eye to eye with him on coaching styles a will leave it at that. I do hope Jake Crawford the qb at Cocke Co has a good season i think he could turn out to be a good QB he has been in ruff situations and I hope he can learn from those situations.

Edited by duckhntr

Ok i can not see how anyone can call a 5 yrd out that is broke for a 51 yd touchdown cheap. To me sounds like a highlight play for the reciever. Now if you want to talk about cheap plays i can name a couple by Cocke county coach at his past school. His first year at MJ first game playing a rival school is blowing them out with like a minute left in the game he subs the qb with a transfer from the rival school and lets him throw it deep to try to tack another td on. A couple of years later same teams mj has the game inhand late in the 4th quarter and Crawford calls double pass or wr pass for another touchdown those plays could be considered cheap. Good luck Cocke County Im sure you will compete and play with uncommon effort and come up a few points short.

Now THAT is a cheap shot. Your perception of the past is irrelevent to this thread and whatever beef you have with the coach you should keep to yourself. We really DON'T want to talk about cheap plays... or last week's game. It's Friday Nite... let's get it on. Go Greene!!!

I believe I would have a bit more ambition than an unintelligible redneck "gangsta". If he is from Greeneville, I hope he keeps quiet about it. He's the kind that can cause image problems for our educational system.

I'm from the meat zone yo. But get ready for some meat zone magic tonight when we rail a plenty, aka eddie edwards using the cocke county defensive backs as stepping stones to the endzone.

Congrats to Greeneville...

They had the better game tonight.

Cocke County had (Still) no offense....and Sanchez, the punter was a tremendous weapon with his leg....

The 71-yarder really turned the tide after the initial series....and led to the GHS first score.

The tide turned even more on the roughing the passer call when Greenway pitched the football in the 2nd Q leading to the second TD for GHS.

Then GHS slipped Duncan on those two TDs up the middle and found the nice pass on 3rd and long for their next-to-last score.

Congrats to Coach Zeller and the Devils....hope they get their players back from injury....as they go into the meat of their conference schedule..

Congrats to Greeneville...

They had the better game tonight.

Cocke County had (Still) no offense....and Sanchez, the punter was a tremendous weapon with his leg....

The 71-yarder really turned the tide after the initial series....and led to the GHS first score.

The tide turned even more on the roughing the passer call when Greenway pitched the football in the 2nd Q leading to the second TD for GHS.

Then GHS slipped Duncan on those two TDs up the middle and found the nice pass on 3rd and long for their next-to-last score.

Congrats to Coach Zeller and the Devils....hope they get their players back from injury....as they go into the meat of their conference schedule..

Greeneville's punter is Adam Hughes and he is incredible He kept CC pinned deep all night.