Collierville-Germantown Houston Tournament

h2odog

Houston 2 Oakridge 1

GPS 1 Siegel 0

Baylor 3 Houston 0 - at half (have not heard final yet)

[/quot

Here are some tourney results Nashville

CCS 4 Smyrna 0

CCS 4 Ooltewah 1

Father Ryan 2 CCS 0

Father Ryan 2 Germantown 0

Father Ryan 2 Ooltewah 0

Tourney results Colliersville

Jackson Prep (Ms) 1 GPS 0

GPS 1 Siegel 0

BGA 2 GPS 1

Baylor 4 Siegel 0

Baylor 3 Houston 0

Edited by chasanooga

Siegel was missing MF Paige Prescott in their first two games and it showed BAD she is the one player they can not afford to lose. They played awful without her in the middle . Two uninspired efforts as well but thankfully they finally woke up and played pretty well today after getting there laid in to. Houston had two great chances with open goals and one was blocked by a Siegel player at the line and the other one was a scramble around the goal with players diving all over but somehow the ball never rolled in. Siegel also had another breakaway but the ball went off of the chargin Houston's goalie head and somehow didnt go in. Fun game to watch and Siegel can't play the way they did first two days if they want to go...anywhere outside of Murfreesboro

I wouldn't be quite so harsh on Siegel. Yes they missed Page but Baylor was a very good team. Baylor did the same to Houston 3-0. The GPS game was very close game. I think the only thing this weekend confuses is whos on top in AAA. Houston beat Oak Ridge, Siegel beat Houston, Not sure why Collierville would be on top in AAA. I think you have 6 teams that are pretty even. Oak Ridge, Siegel, Houston, Brentwood, Franklin, Collierville. Hopefully they will all make it to the State tournament

This weekend proved how valuable Paige is to this team because with her in, her teammates have confidence that she is controlling middle of the field and then Kim can go wide and everything is just much more fluid.

True!

I had the opportunity to see the Baylor - Siegel game and thought Baylor really dominated. Not knowing the players, I didn't realize Siegel was missing a key player. Is she hurt??? Would those who know the teams have expected a closer match? Kind of wondering why the most of the teams ended up sort of even for the weekend, with perhaps Baylor the exception. Sorry I could not see any other games, so looking to you guys who know the teams well to give me the facts. Also, how is the player who got hurt at the end of the game. It looked pretty bad. Was the Baylor player carded? Had to go and missed the last seconds.

There was no difference in the Baylor and CPS game, from the Houston game, other than wanting it. Shelton has said it before, "our greatest enemy is ourselves." No player made a huge difference in the games; it was heart. In the first two games, Siegel's touches and passes were horrible, and they didn't step up for a single 50/50. It was obvious that none of them wanted it, and that changed in the Germantown game. Shelton had a great talk before the game, and everyone was actually focused, and wanted it badly. That was clear just from watching Siegel's defense in front of their goal. No bashing on Prescott, because she's a great assest to the team and a wonderful player, but Siegel is a much more versatile team than to be dependent on one player for an entire outcome of a game.

Edited by statebound44

There was no difference in the Baylor and CPS game, from the Houston game, other than wanting it. Shelton has said it before, "our greatest enemy is ourselves." No player made a huge difference in the games; it was heart. In the first two games, Siegel's touches and passes were horrible, and they didn't step up for a single 50/50. It was obvious that none of them wanted it, and that changed in the Germantown game. Shelton had a great talk before the game, and everyone was actually focused, and wanted it badly. That was clear just from watching Siegel's defense in front of their goal. No bashing on Prescott, because she's a great assest to the team and a wonderful player, but Siegel is a much more versatile team than to be dependent on one player for an entire outcome of a game.

nice post statebound you nailed it on the head