Will St. Agnes win state?

utfan01

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will St. Agnes win the Div. 2 state championship this year?

They certainly look to be the favorite at this point. However Baylor seems to be getting stronger as the season goes on as noted by their wins over Siegel 4-0 and Gtown Houston 3-0 in the Colliersville Tourney. It should be a great matchup especially if they meet in the finals.

They certainly look to be the favorite at this point. However Baylor seems to be getting stronger as the season goes on as noted by their wins over Siegel 4-0 and Gtown Houston 3-0 in the Colliersville Tourney. It should be a great matchup especially if they meet in the finals.

Father Ryan won the tournament at Trevecca this past weekend. Had two or three shutouts and beat JPII in the finals 2-0. Lady Irish have made some adjustments in their game plan. They also won the tournament without the services of a very good player who was injured. Go Irish. :D

too many easy games on their schedule to be the favorite, in my opinion.

scoring double figure goals in games isn't a good thing for your team.

They are scoring so many goals because they are so good. They are DEFINITELY the team to beat. Baylor is right up there with them; they are always the underdog in the beginning and pull through in the end. Looking at it now, Baylor and St. Anges should meet in the finals and make a pretty good game.

too many easy games on their schedule to be the favorite, in my opinion.

scoring double figure goals in games isn't a good thing for your team.

You are absolutely correct that the schedule it toooo easy and they are soring way toooo many goals. No way they stand a chance at state. Probably shouldn't even be allowed to go. You seem to keep up with Siegel and fyi, SAA has played three of the same teams this year with SAA 10 goals to 0 vs. 4 goals to 5 for Siegel. Also, I recall someone way saying that the teams SAA played at Katty Hunter were 18-2 going in, but those teams are a push over for anyone. RIGHT????

For future reference and to help the coaching staff, suppose you could score 12 to 18 or 24 goals a game, where do you recommend the coach start removing players from the field to hold the score down? OR, would it be best to just start with 7 or 8 players and adjust accordingly. I have suggested they play with half of the team blind-folded, but no one likes that concept. You've got 8 Seniors and each one needs one goal per game, but unfortunately, some freshman messes up and kicks one in, then WOW! they've lost their credibility on CoachT.

P.S. who should be the favorite based on your research?

At this point, I would have to say Baylor. Can't tell from your comments how much is tounge in cheek and how much is real belief. There is no doubt that SAA is a team to be reckoned with this year. With regard to your comment about what should you do to keep from running the score up? Ask you coach if your team's play is 100% perfect. If not, figure out a way to work on what is not. Believe me, you will need to be close to perfect to make it all the way to the final game. If you look at the "upsets" at state last year, the "underdog" took advantage of known weaknesses in the teams that they "upset". I don't think you can make the argument that attacking is a weakness. So putting in "24" as you say is just plain tacky. Are you worried about team chemistry if each senior doesn't score the same number of goals? Pretty much the only thing that you can't realistically work on against a weaker team is play in your own box.

At this point, I would have to say Baylor. Can't tell from your comments how much is tounge in cheek and how much is real belief. There is no doubt that SAA is a team to be reckoned with this year. With regard to your comment about what should you do to keep from running the score up? Ask you coach if your team's play is 100% perfect. If not, figure out a way to work on what is not. Believe me, you will need to be close to perfect to make it all the way to the final game. If you look at the "upsets" at state last year, the "underdog" took advantage of known weaknesses in the teams that they "upset". I don't think you can make the argument that attacking is a weakness. So putting in "24" as you say is just plain tacky. Are you worried about team chemistry if each senior doesn't score the same number of goals? Pretty much the only thing that you can't realistically work on against a weaker team is play in your own box.

Totally tounge in cheek. Just don't like the "week schedule" idea. SAA has not run any scores up just for the sake of doing it. In fact, most of the games have scoreless or low scoring 2nd halfs. You are correct about teams getting "up" for the big games. and NO every senior does not score. You my be correct with picking Baylor, but time will tell. The 18-24 goals was meant also as a joke. I've noticed Mr. bruinsoccer is often somewhat sarcastic in his comments and was just a try to throw a little back his way. While we all have our opinions, I think SAA and Baylor are not the only ones who have a shot at being in the finals at State.

Totally tounge in cheek. Just don't like the "week schedule" idea. SAA has not run any scores up just for the sake of doing it. In fact, most of the games have scoreless or low scoring 2nd halfs. You are correct about teams getting "up" for the big games. and NO every senior does not score. You my be correct with picking Baylor, but time will tell. The 18-24 goals was meant also as a joke. I've noticed Mr. bruinsoccer is often somewhat sarcastic in his comments and was just a try to throw a little back his way. While we all have our opinions, I think SAA and Baylor are not the only ones who have a shot at being in the finals at State.

Cool. After looking at the numbers that SAA have put up this year, I was wondering where the "running the score up" came from. I didn't see anything higher than a 10-0 and only one of those. Some days, you just can't help the ball rolling in the goal. I wish the team that I support could experience that, but oh well, we are rebuilding.

You are right, there are others that have a shot. From a fan perspective though, it would be a great game. Best of luck.

Do not have a "dog in this hunt" but my daughter's team ( Jackson (Ms) Prep) has played St. Agnes, Baylor and GPS this year and all have very good teams. St. Agnes dominated us in early August ( 3-0) at a Collerville tournament. We lost 6 starters from a very good team last year and were pretty inexperienced when we played them and we have really improved but I thought they had the best team our girls have played in the last five years of coming up to Memphis to play in tournaments. Last weekend we beat GPS ( 1-0 ) in a very close game on Friday night that could have gone either way and then got dominated by Baylor ( 2-0) on Sunday. The difference was that we were without 3 starters against Baylor ( due to some girls leaving to go back to Jackson for league games on Saturday/Sunday ) and we have no dept and certain girls had to play out of position. Losing those girls really hurt us BUT I still don't think we win against Baylor....but it would have been competitive. Anyway, I would rank those three teams St. Agnes, Baylor and GPS. But all those games would be very competitive. Our girls have played Collierville, Houston, Brentwood, Germantown, etc. over the last few years and we have a pretty competitive program. Just one man's opinion though.