USJ vs. Fayette Acadamy

booneandcrockett

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If any more were turned down there would not be enough to make a football team.

So what youre saying is that only football players are let in. EUREKA!!!!!!!!!! Finally, straight from the horses mouth.

Thanks for clearing that up. I guess it takes an entire incoming freshman class of atheletes to fill the school.

Selective enrollment at it's best. :unsure:

Well, if USJ is really "selective" then their "selection comittee" should be fired! The whole enrollment thing is overrated. Huntingdon only has about 30 more students than USJ, and that hasn't stopped them from fielding very good teams. Same thing with Alcoa, Goodpasture, CPA, etc. All those schools have right around the same enrollment as USJ. There just aren't a lot of football players at the school right now. However, USJ still has D1 caliber student athletes in almost every other sport. :thumb:

Well, if USJ is really "selective" then their "selection comittee" should be fired! The whole enrollment thing is overrated. Huntingdon only has about 30 more students than USJ, and that hasn't stopped them from fielding very good teams. Same thing with Alcoa, Goodpasture, CPA, etc. All those schools have right around the same enrollment as USJ. There just aren't a lot of football players at the school right now. However, USJ still has D1 caliber student athletes in almost every other sport. :thumb:

They have two D1 players in football: Preston Overbey and Dusty Bright, they're just freshman though, so it will be another 4 years before they are playing on saturdays (and other days too, they're both unreal in baseball).

IMO, USJ would have hit a lump last year in 1A ball. They just have not had the athletes they have had in the past. I do believe that some talent is coming up, but I do agree they need to find a young QB now and get him well polished for the next couple of years.

Even if this team was still in 1A, they would be fourth of fifth in the region.

USJ has a pretty tough D up front. FA counters that with a strong O-line.

If USJ can score this game, as crazy as it sounds, they might be able to pull the upset. Thats a very big if. They must execute their offense to perfection as someone mentioned before.

Then again, compare the records of the two teams.

So what youre saying is that only football players are let in. EUREKA!!!!!!!!!! Finally, straight from the horses mouth.

Thanks for clearing that up. I guess it takes an entire incoming freshman class of atheletes to fill the school.

Selective enrollment at it's best. :thumb:

If your not going to talk about the game predictions get off this topic. USJ doesnt deserve this kind of criticism, USJ is a very good honorable school, thats going through some tough growing pains. And for anyone to critisize a school like USJ, has no character. USJ fans dont get on here and run down other area schools for things they've done. Football is FOOTBALL! Every team has down years, and USJ stepping up to two A wasnt much help either. USJ always has been and always will be the best private school in West Tennessee( excluding Memphis schools )

Usj has not had much of a problem with any D-Line this year and i dont think FA's line is going to be much better than any others.

You must not be including last weeks loss at Milan. I think you rushed for 5 yds and were shut out despite all the cheap shots you took at our guy's knees many of them away from the play and after the play was over. I was there and have seen the tape so there are no excuses or denying. It was unbelievable.

You must not be including last weeks loss at Milan. I think you rushed for 5 yds and were shut out despite all the cheap shots you took at our guy's knees many of them away from the play and after the play was over. I was there and have seen the tape so there are no excuses or denying. It was unbelievable.

When Alred got injured, The USJ defender was trying to stop a bigger player in the hole, it wasnt a cheap shot? If you were 5-10 160 and a 6-0 225 fullback was rumbling tword you, you have no choice but to go low and take out his legs so hes not a factor in the play! Im sick of this JUNK everyone is giving USJ, we heard you the first time. Move on with your life, That games over, USJ cant help playing FOOTBALL. Last time I checked it was football... wasnt it?

When Alred got injured, The USJ defender was trying to stop a bigger player in the hole, it wasnt a cheap shot? If you were 5-10 160 and a 6-0 225 fullback was rumbling tword you, you have no choice but to go low and take out his legs so hes not a factor in the play! Im sick of this JUNK everyone is giving USJ, we heard you the first time. Move on with your life, That games over, USJ cant help playing FOOTBALL. Last time I checked it was football... wasnt it?

In Milan we they teach us man on man. You tackle the right way, head up wrap up and run thru the player. The Dlinemen that hit alred is listed at 200. You can argue all you want truth is it was cheap and intentional.