Most underrated players in Region 5-1A

sports man

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering some of the most underrated players in Region 5-1A!!

All you have to do is look at all the "best of" threads and other than me you never hear a Cascade player mentioned. Now logic tells me that either Coach Parker is the best Coach in High School sports or there has to be some pretty good talent on a team that's only given up one offensive touchdown in four games and that was by the third team against Nashville Christian. I'd say there are a number of "underrated" players on our team right now, but that's ok. The longer we fly under the radar, the more Homecoming games we'll be scheduled for......<G> :)

Doogie Porter--offensive guard/D-line for Jo Byrns, may be shorter than some, but is one of the strongest kids I know. Work ethic is incredible. Had shoulder (rotator ) problems back in the spring, that kinda carried over to the summer.

Blake Copeland--offensive guard/ Defensive end for JBS. This kid has worked extremely hard over the off-season. I dont have his numbers for the weight-room, but it is awesome.

Orlando Taylor---2nd running back/ DB for JBS...This kid is amazing to watch. Only a junior, and has moves like Reggie Bush. Has great potential.

Jeremiah Smith--offensive guard/ D-line (Defensive end) for JBS. This kid worked hard in the weightroom this offseason also.

Keith Lutton-- Tight end/ defensive end for JBS. Another one of them, that has worked very hard in the weightroom.

Kurt Reeves--Tight end/ Safety for JBS. Took a year off to concentrate on Basketball (and excelled there also). Only a Junior. He can "lay the wood" on defense. Has great potential.

I will stop it here.

There are lots more guys on JBS, that work very hard, and worked very hard over the offseason. This list, is just a short few. They are people Nobody really has heard of, but they are what keeps Jo Byrns together. You cant win a game with just 2 or 3 players. You have to have all 11 playing together. And even more than that, if you want to be great. And Jo Byrns has that.

Good luck to all Region 5 teams.

LETS GO JO BYRNS!!!!!

Edited by Jbs_all_the_way

Doogie Porter--offensive guard/D-line for Jo Byrns, may be shorter than some, but is one of the strongest kids I know. Work ethic is incredible. Had shoulder (rotator ) problems back in the spring, that kinda carried over to the summer.

Blake Copeland--offensive guard/ Defensive end for JBS. This kid has worked extremely hard over the off-season. I dont have his numbers for the weight-room, but it is awesome.

Orlando Taylor---2nd running back/ DB for JBS...This kid is amazing to watch. Only a junior, and has moves like Reggie Bush. Has great potential.

Jeremiah Smith--offensive guard/ D-line (Defensive end) for JBS. This kid worked hard in the weightroom this offseason also.

Keith Lutton-- Tight end/ defensive end for JBS. Another one of them, that has worked very hard in the weightroom.

Kurt Reeves--Tight end/ Safety for JBS. Took a year off to concentrate on Basketball (and excelled there also). Only a Junior. He can "lay the wood" on defense. Has great potential.

I will stop it here.

There are lots more guys on JBS, that work very hard, and worked very hard over the offseason. This list, is just a short few. They are people Nobody really has heard of, but they are what keeps Jo Byrns together. You cant win a game with just 2 or 3 players. You have to have all 11 playing together. And even more than that, if you want to be great. And Jo Byrns has that.

Good luck to all Region 5 teams.

LETS GO JO BYRNS!!!!!

i only know a little about the O line guys. Derrick Porter rotates with Chris Tuck at guard Derrick been there for 2 years but sustained an injury as said above that took him out for a while. tuck first year as an O lineman and performing very well despite his inexperience. Blake Copeland OT a 3 year starter who was out for the first 3 games because of an injury, played a little at NCS, and he is the lone vetran lineman on the O line . Jerimiah Smith OT is his first year on the O line has great potential but looks like he is lost when he is on the field but he will get his vetran legs by the end of the season. love that trench play so that is what i pay attention to most at games.

When you are talking about underrated players JBS ALL THE WAY how could you not have mentioned Brett Worsham!He works hard in the weightroom,practices hard and leaves everything on the field!He is one of the best lineman on JBS line and he never gets any credit from anybody.He is also only a junior. :thumb:

football's life i'm sure brett would rather stay under the radar so he can whoop up on people with even better results on friday night. isn't that right brett. brett, tell your mom that coconut stuff was so rich it made me sick on the way home allright. see ya tomorrow.

Edited by Brilliant Player Version 4.266

football's life i'm sure brett would rather stay under the radar so he can whoop up on people with even better results on friday night. isn't that right brett. brett, tell your mom that coconut stuff was so rich it made me sick on the way home allright. see ya tomorrow.

Yeah he might want to float under the radar but there comes a time and place that he needs to be mentioned and get some credit for doing a good job.I don't think there is a problem about me mentioning him because no matter if i talk about him or not he will get the job done. :thumb:

I think the most underrated players on the team are. My list from the fifth most to the most underrated.

5. Orlando Taylor: He is a great player and can do alot at either WR or RB. He also turning out to be a great corner. He is 5 because, not many ppl know about him, but they will by the end of the season trust me!

4. Kurt Reeves: He is an amazing Safety, and in my opinion even better then Clay Head was, he can lay bone jarring hits at anytime. He also a great TE/WR w/ big WR body, and great hands!! Ppl think he is just a basketball player, but againt they will think different by the end of the year.

3. Brett Worsham: Possibly the best offensive lineman on the team, and also sees work at DT. Hes a workhorse!!!

2. Ryan Hankins: Everyone knows him, so why is he on the list u ask. BECAUSE, he is better then everyone gives him credit for. He has come such a long way since the beggining of the year last year. He has amazing speed for a LB, and is now learning to read plays really well. He will break 100 tackles again this year for sure!!

1. Jimmy Morris: A kicking game is huge, and Jo Byrns FINALLY has one w/ Jimmy. He has missed only 1 PAT and has hit a 20+ yd FG and is 1/1. In close games his leg will be the difference between winning and losing. I am proud of all the work he has put into kicking!!!!