Top 10 ALL time players in Chattanooga

volman09

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the privilege to coach Patrick and watched both of them play each year. Riggs was a great back but did not have the whole package as Flanagan did. Riggs pass blocking, heart and desire IMO were lacking but yes he had been blessed with an athletic gift but he never utilized that to its full potential. JMO

If it helps I was an RB/DB at OHS to help justify MO's.

I played for Ooltewah also... but that has nothing to do with this. For one hting how do you know what his full potential was??? You say he wasnt a good pass blocker but i think your just looking at his college years on that one, i have seen ever game he played in High school even when he was a freshman and his pass blocking never looked bad at all. He busted his butt in the weight room and on the Practise feild! He was dedicated and i do beleive that is have some heart and desire to be good, but you know that was all pointless because he was the Number 1 tailback in the nation and the #2 all around player and #3 recruited palyer in the nation but Patrick was a better running back i guess since who all wanted him?? who was his biggest recruiter?

I played for Ooltewah also... but that has nothing to do with this. For one hting how do you know what his full potential was??? You say he wasnt a good pass blocker but i think your just looking at his college years on that one, i have seen ever game he played in High school even when he was a freshman and his pass blocking never looked bad at all. He busted his butt in the weight room and on the Practise feild! He was dedicated and i do beleive that is have some heart and desire to be good, but you know that was all pointless because he was the Number 1 tailback in the nation and the #2 all around player and #3 recruited palyer in the nation but Patrick was a better running back i guess since who all wanted him?? who was his biggest recruiter?

Jerry Rice, T.O., Willie Parker I can go on and on. Recruiters get it wrong they are not perfect either. I said he was a great back but P.F. was better. G.R. liked to take plays off now if you watched every game this you would have to admit. 100% every play and carryout your fakes. His size and talent and most important his father put him in the spot light. G.R. was zoned for Ooltewah anyway.

where did you play? My point is that if you play a certain position you can see the perfections versus the imperfections in a back that's why you usually coach the position you played and or most knowledgeable about.

where did you play? My point is that if you play a certain position you can see the perfections versus the imperfections in a back that's why you usually coach the position you played and or most knowledgeable about.

I played at Ooltewah... If this is who i think this is i will give you some film so you can watch it and tell me really who the best back is.. But you know i would expect you to pick P just because you coached him but ask any other coach from a different team they will tell you who is better. i will go back and see maybe Riggs didnt carry out his fakes or what not..

I played at Ooltewah... If this is who i think this is i will give you some film so you can watch it and tell me really who the best back is.. But you know i would expect you to pick P just because you coached him but ask any other coach from a different team they will tell you who is better. i will go back and see maybe Riggs didnt carry out his fakes or what not..

What films do you have? I know you played for Ooltewah. What position and the year you graduated. Stop and say hello at the game. Go Owls!

What films do you have? I know you played for Ooltewah. What position and the year you graduated. Stop and say hello at the game. Go Owls!

I have Four games from the year they won state including the Championship game, 5 games from his senior year... i graduated in 05.. well it will have to be the Soddy game i cant make it up to Oak Ridge i wish i could, and yes GO OWLS!!!