Top 10 ALL time players in Chattanooga

volman09

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't include Gerald Riggs, Jr. (classic underachiever) nor Dante Hickey. Hickey didn't even play in college (did try to go JUCO in Mississippi, but flunked out) and that keeps him off of my list. I did add 1 Georgia player, but Walker County is officially in Metro Chattanooga. There isn't an official order, just a TOP 10.

ok this pisses me off but everyone ahs their opinions. by big brother played on the redbank state team in 2001 so i went to all 15 undefeated games that year. gerald is and was the best player in chat town, and tn. thats why he won mr. footbal twice. i dont think he has a underachieved college career, just sad and dissappointing. if you remember the lsu game last year in overtime, they credit clausen for getting us the win, yet every play he handed it to riggs for probly the best performance hes ever made, hands down. riggs won that game for tn, clausen just held the ball instead of handing it to riggs for that 1 yard qb sneak for the td win. riggs did the work. he was also injured much of his time at ut due to an ankle injury originaly recieved his senior year of high school against rhea county in which a linebacker took a late hit and got away with it. i was there and saw the coach tell his boys to hurt him, and they ruined riggs footbal career for it. Riggs was the keystone to redbanks 15-0 state championship and 10th in teh nation ranking. but the team was not all riggs. riggs broke the old record and set teh new one that flannigan broke. but all ooltewah did was give it to flannigan, and it worked as teh records show. redbank actually averaged more pass offense than rush offense per game in 2001. if we gave it to riggs each time, no way flannigna wouldve broke it.i was at that ooltewah game flannigan played. was supposed to be showdown of the running backs. they said the rb defence was weak whilst ooltewah had the best in state, riggs walked all over the owls while i believe flannigan was held to under 25 yards on over 25 touches.

fact is riggs is the best offensive player i know of to come out of c town and tn, i hope he can get trained and healthy and try to get picked up free agent. dolphins should have never let him go.

all mine are pretty much redbank, thats what i know mostly so sorry, but they are some of the best

top offense:

1. riggs rb from Red Bank

2. jim thurman te from Red Bank

3. Flannigan rb from ooltewah

4/5 the hixson bros

defense

1. Reggie White howard

2. Ta-Ta Caldwell db for Red Bank (still plays, come watch him in playoffs)

3. Brandon O'Neal lb from Red Bank (graduated last year, 3 all state and best of preps)

Edited by CrossofGold

ok this pisses me off but everyone ahs their opinions. by big brother played on the redbank state team in 2001 so i went to all 15 undefeated games that year. gerald is and was the best player in chat town, and tn. thats why he won mr. footbal twice. i dont think he has a underachieved college career, just sad and dissappointing. if you remember the lsu game last year in overtime, they credit clausen for getting us the win, yet every play he handed it to riggs for probly the best performance hes ever made, hands down. riggs won that game for tn, clausen just held the ball instead of handing it to riggs for that 1 yard qb sneak for the td win. riggs did the work. he was also injured much of his time at ut due to an ankle injury originaly recieved his senior year of high school against rhea county in which a linebacker took a late hit and got away with it. i was there and saw the coach tell his boys to hurt him, and they ruined riggs footbal career for it. Riggs was the keystone to redbanks 15-0 state championship and 10th in teh nation ranking. but the team was not all riggs. riggs broke the old record and set teh new one that flannigan broke. but all ooltewah did was give it to flannigan, and it worked as teh records show. redbank actually averaged more pass offense than rush offense per game in 2001. if we gave it to riggs each time, no way flannigna wouldve broke it.i was at that ooltewah game flannigan played. was supposed to be showdown of the running backs. they said the rb defence was weak whilst ooltewah had the best in state, riggs walked all over the owls while i believe flannigan was held to under 25 yards on over 25 touches.

fact is riggs is the best offensive player i know of to come out of c town and tn, i hope he can get trained and healthy and try to get picked up free agent. dolphins should have never let him go.

all mine are pretty much redbank, thats what i know mostly so sorry, but they are some of the best

top offense:

1. riggs rb from Red Bank

2. jim thurman te from Red Bank

3. Flannigan rb from ooltewah

4/5 the hixson bros

defense

1. Reggie White howard

2. Ta-Ta Caldwell db for Red Bank (still plays, come watch him in playoffs)

3. Brandon O'Neal lb from Red Bank (graduated last year, 3 all state and best of preps)

I agree with you, but Riggs is actually still with the Dolphins

are you sure, there was an article in the paper saying he was cut due to injury. i hope your right.

Riggs was cut but they keep him on the scout team or something like that i really do not know enough about it but i just know he practises with the team still and is pretty much there just to be a tackling dumby... If you think about it, he got money when from them and they arent just going to cut you and send you on your way and give you that money for nothing, but yes that was the last i heard about Riggs

Riggs was cut but they keep him on the scout team or something like that i really do not know enough about it but i just know he practises with the team still and is pretty much there just to be a tackling dumby... If you think about it, he got money when from them and they arent just going to cut you and send you on your way and give you that money for nothing, but yes that was the last i heard about Riggs

Last I heard about Riggs was that the Titans picked him up for their practice squad.

Cross of Gold, you made some valid points about Riggs. He deserves to be considered for this list. You lost a little credibility with a couple of your picks. I won't say which ones because I don't want to insult any kids.

I haven't read all of this thread but I would put these five offensive players on my list (in no particular order) :

1. Bobby Scott, QB (Rossville, Tennessee, at least ten years in the NFL.)

2. John Hannah, OL (Baylor School, Alabama, New England, NFL Hall of Fame)

3. Andy Kelly, QB (Rhea County, Tennessee, All-time passing leader in Arena football league)

4. Mike Jones, WR (Brainerd, Tennessee State, various NFL teams)

5. Gerald Riggs, RB (Red Bank, Tennessee, TBA)

On defense:

1. Reggie White, DL (Howard, Tennessee, Various NFL teams, NFL Hall of Fame)

2. Terdell Sands, DL (Howard, UT Chattanooga, Oakland Raiders currently)

3. Eric Westmoreland, DB/LB (Marion County, Tennessee, various NFL teams)

4. Josh Bullocks, DB (Hixson, Nebraska, can't remember which twin is on what NFL team)

5. Daniel Bullocks, DB (Hixson, Nebraska, see above)