Maryville v. Knox Central

DCM

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any in-game updates would be appreciated by those of us who live outside AM radio range.

If you are near the internet you might want to google wbcr truth radio 1470. I think they have a stream for the game and you would pick it up better online than you would if you sitting across the street from the station.

Central came out fired up and Maryville turned the ball over on each of their first three possessions twice fairly deep in Central territory. Central kicked a field goal and took the early lead. Maryville answered with their first touchdown and then Coach Helton made a decision that really turned momentum toward Maryville. On fourth and three from his own 29 yard line he called time out and Central faked a punt. The ball carrier was stopped cold, and Adrian Baker had runs of 11 and 18 yards and Maryville was up 14-3 at the half. Maryville scored 21 unanswered points in the third quarter to go up 35-3 and it was basically over. I would have never tried the fake punt that deep in my own territory that late in the half but I guess you have to give Helton credit for having the guts. Once Maryville quit laying the ball on the ground they were fine. The turnovers continue to be a problem though and they are averaging about 3 or 4 a game. Central had their chances early with Maryville mistakes but 3 points was all they could get out of it.

Well the only thing good about the outcome of this game is the fact that it shows just how bad all the football teams in Knox County stink. Course if they could find a way to pay their head football coaches $70,000 + a year then maybe the story would be different. And rednblack, you need to quit whinning about Central players moving to Powell. I suppose Powell should whine about Powell players moving to Halls and Ftn. City in middle school which is exactly what happened. Cruze lived in Powell til his was in the 8th grade. That's 8 years he grew up with the guys he's currently playing ball with. Get over it.

Edited by Ntheknow2

I'm just glad Central didn't get any of their 1st teamers hurt playing the last quarter and a half against Maryville's B-Team. But I guess 41-17 sounds better than 35-3. Plus we just keep on buildin' depth that way.

It looked like the Rebs had plenty of 1st teamers still in there in the 4th quarter. You'll also notice that we put our 2nd team QB in in the 4th. And yes, I think Joel was trying to build some confidence with his team late in the 4th. The O for Central has struggled the last 2 games.

It looked like the Rebs had plenty of 1st teamers still in there in the 4th quarter. You'll also notice that we put our 2nd team QB in in the 4th. And yes, I think Joel was trying to build some confidence with his team late in the 4th. The O for Central has struggled the last 2 games.

Actually medman not many and none on Central's last TD drive.

A sophomore DB ran back the last interception. I did notice your second team QB, but everyone else was 1st team on offense. Hey that is Joel's prerogative to play them the whole way if he wants to.

Actually medman not many and none on Central's last TD drive.

A sophomore DB ran back the last interception. I did notice your second team QB, but everyone else was 1st team on offense. Hey that is Joel's prerogative to play them the whole way if he wants to.

granted Stars. I did see that was 2nd teamers on the last drive. I did look like 1st teamers on Central's 1st TD. The only reason Central scored on that one was the circus catch Blair made.

I thought Maryville was everything people were saying about them. The only chink in the armour is the turnovers. Good luck the rest of the season. I don't see anybody getting close this year.

A notice, to South-Doyle, I would hate to be in your postion this Friday. Central will be mad and they are going to take it out on them.

If you are near the internet you might want to google wbcr truth radio 1470. I think they have a stream for the game and you would pick it up better online than you would if you sitting across the street from the station.

Thanks, MHS, I got to listen to the game. Who is the color man in that broadcast team? I never caught his name -- was he a Maryville player at some point?