Central Football ?

32-34combo

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it's the coaches. They are pretty good guys. And they're not the ones out on the field dropping passes, fumbling the ball, missing blocks, and causing all the penalties. The coaches have a lot of years experience and I've seen the way they cut up. They really know how to have fun! It's refreshing to see that with all the uptight spectators today. It's probably the players. I've heard they like to party alot at Central. Maybe they're partying too much before the games.

Whats up with the football team the past couple of years. I think they may have won 4 games.

I would have to say the coaching. Not coaching as in knowing how…coaching as in building a respectable program and earning the respect of the kids at the school. My guess is that there is talents at Central…most either don’t play football or they play but don’t take it serious. Building a respectable football program doesn’t start at the end of August and end in October…It’s a constant work in progress all year long (including the summer).

The smartest coach in the world, with the world's best gameplan, will still amount to nothing if the players don't buy into it.

Could that be the problem?

When I went to Central, (1000 years ago), we had a pretty decent coach, but he just never connected with the players, and so we were never more than a middle-of-the-pack team.

I would have to say the coaching. Not coaching as in knowing how…coaching as in building a respectable program and earning the respect of the kids at the school. My guess is that there is talents at Central…most either don’t play football or they play but don’t take it serious. Building a respectable football program doesn’t start at the end of August and end in October…It’s a constant work in progress all year long (including the summer).

I couldn't have said it any better.

Best post I have seen from you in awhile Cap1.