who is the best team in 3a

PR51

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i dont kno who will win the ship in 3a but i say the best team is fulton and/or catholic

CLASS 3A

I'll bite and give you Fulton and Catholic. They have each proven themselves against Austin East this year and both have another big non region win on their resumes already (Fulton beat Alcoa & Catholic beat Smith Co.). Carter is unbeaten with big wins over Claiborne and Morristown East this year. They'll get their big shot at fame later in the year when they play Fulton in a possible playoff preview.

Crockett Co. deserves some recognition because they have already beaten region rival Dyersburg and area rival Milan this year. Covington is a team that I could also make a case for as well. They have beaten a solid Brighton bunch this year and could really impress me this week with a "possible win" over region foe Obion Co. Finally in west-TN I must give a shout out for Jackson South Side. The Hawks are unbeaten and untested this year and don't be shocked if both of those trends continue this week when they play another very good team in Fayette Ware.

In the midstate the David Lipscomb Mustangs are still the head of the class. They have rolled since dropping their season opener to Goodpasture (who I see as the eventual 2A champs this year). Giles Co. is an unbeaten team that just keeps flying under the radar. They have impressive wins over Mt. Pleasant and Ensworth. Both of those teams will clash in week eight at Lipscomb. In the other midstate region Station Camp is still unbeaten however they really only have one good win to their credit (Sycamore 28-24). They'll get their shot to shine down the stretch when they play Greenbrier, Macon Co., White House, & Pearl Cohn (all which are possible playoff teams).

Who will win the state in 3a and 1a this year?

thoughts and predictions?

No way to know unless you've seen every team in 3A play. That's what the playoffs are all about. :lol: Of course, the best team doesn't always win, but it makes for great conversation all spriing long.

That's why every one wants a playoff in college football...so we'll know who the best team is. :lol:

Edited by crockettfan

Crockett County will be hard to beat. They are the most talented team to come through West Tennessee in a long time.

Jackson Southside will define how good the are tonight. They have Fayette-Ware at home. A win there will let the rest of the state know that S.S. is for real. They have alreay beaten JCS, and the 4A power JCM. Southside is truley loaded.