Tri-match at Franklin with Centennial & Independence

PageMan

In tonight's non-district tri-match at Franklin, the Lady Rebels were the winners with wins over Centennial 2-1 (25-12, 18-25, 25-16) and Independence 2-1 (23-25, 25-23, 25-17. Independence picked up a win over Centennial 2-1 (25-9, 21-25, 25-23). I spoke with the walking wounded briefly as Centennial's Annie Kelly sat on the bench with her sprained foot as she hopes to be back in action soon - possibly next week. IHS's Liz Powell was also there supporting her team as she recovers from knee surgery and hopes to be back by club season. Also joining the injured tonight was Franklin's Abby Bumm who injured her ankle in the 1st match with Centennial. I do not think her injury was too serious and she should return to the lineup soon.

With the regular season ending next week, let's hope that everybody stays healthy for the district tournaments.

Just in case you're interested, there will be a district tri-match at Independence with Franklin and Ravenwood on Thurs., Sept. 28. From the Franklin schedule, it shows varsity only matches. The Independence schedule shows this as a Quad match with Hillwood being involved as well. The start time of the match involving IHS and Hillwood is shown as 4 PM with IHS vs Franklin at 5:30 or so. These games mean something as opposed to non-district matches involving district teams. I'll be at Page that night so reports from those in attendence would be appreciated.

Just in case you're interested, there will be a district tri-match at Independence with Franklin and Ravenwood on Thurs., Sept. 28. From the Franklin schedule, it shows varsity only matches. The Independence schedule shows this as a Quad match with Hillwood being involved as well. The start time of the match involving IHS and Hillwood is shown as 4 PM with IHS vs Franklin at 5:30 or so. These games mean something as opposed to non-district matches involving district teams. I'll be at Page that night so reports from those in attendence would be appreciated.

Pageman, just interested, thought these teams were in District 11 and wondered why these are not district games, Do they play round robin with everyone in the District twice?

The district tri-match will be held @ Franklin High, not IHS. Good luck to all.

Franklin won both district matches tonight - Beating Ravenwood first 23-25, 25-14,25-12 & 25-14; Franklin beat Independence 17-25, 25-22, 25-18, 25-16. Great matches - Franklin made history again tonight as they remain unbeaten in 11AAA district matches for this season, putting the Lady Rebels in first place! Way to go Lady Rebels and Coach Tucker!!