Alcoa vs Memphis B.T.W.

kwc

B.T.W. has a new coach who is in his 2nd year I think, and the B.T.W. program has put up a record of 5-0 to date. Today is Wednesday, September 27, 2006, for those who may read this at a later date. That in itself is an amazing turn around from their last years record of 4-7. (They were the 8-2A, 4th seed in last years playoffs)

However, if one is to investigate the strength of their victories, you will soon see that their record is very misleading. Looking at their opponents that they have beaten, and the opponents they are to face ... none have a winning record, except Alcoa. The remainder of their schedule is Westside (1-4), Treadwell (1-3), Westwood (1-5), Oakhaven (0-5), and then Alcoa.

This is not a knock on the B.T.W. program, I think this is a good game to have right before th playoffs. I don't know how or why this game got scheduled ... but I am glad that it did. The B.T.W. players have accomplished a lot. But ... there is a difference in 2A ball in Memphis, then it is in other parts of the state. Yes ... B.T.W. will probably go undefeated until they face Alcoa ... then they will get a huge reality check ... right before the playoffs.

I hope that B.T.W. can go far in the playoffs ... at least advance to the 3rd round. 2A football in Memphis leaves a lot to be desired ... but if B.T.W. can build off of this year ... maybe they can become competative with the rural schools that are in this area that play 2A ball. I surely hope that is the case.