CAK

govols14

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CAK is on a roll right now. They have dominated about every team that they have played, except for their first game I think. I think they have a very good chance of being state champs this year. What does everyone else think?

Who plays for them. I know Laura Novikoff (great player). Who else ?

CAK is on a roll right now. They have dominated about every team that they have played, except for their first game I think. I think they have a very good chance of being state champs this year. What does everyone else think?

CAK is a very good team. I wouldn't call their 2-1 win over Greeneville domination, however. Novikoff broke away and scored 2 unassisted goals after defensive break downs. G'ville controlled the flow of the game but couldn't put the ball in the net which is what counts.

Novikoff is a great player. Offensively, it did not appear as though they had much except for Novikoff although I have heard Hoffman is a good player.

Edited by TennTarpon

I think it is WAY too early for such speculation...CAK has some tough games in the next two weeks. They should focus on those games and on getting better...they should not get caught up in the hype and not put too much stock in the flowers being thrown on CoachT and other places. They could be their own worst enemy if they lose focus. I think that there are several teams capable of winning A/AA this year: Notre Dame, FRA, CCS to name a few...all of those teams have played tougher competition to date. It may come down to DESIRE...How bad do you want it CAK?

While CAK has the ability, coaching staff, and desire to do it, there is a LOT of soccer left to be played. CAK knows and respects the upcoming teams that they will face, as well as the ones that they may face in the playoffs. I say MAY, because they need to focus on the here and now, and not go into dream land of tomorrow. Many a team has lost because they were thinking about the finals, and not the semi-finals.

CAK is on a roll, but they haven't been challenged by too many teams so far. Greeneville was a great win, but this week they have Maryville, Webb and Oneida, and later they have West. While 3 out of the 4 games don't matter in their quest for the title, it will show what they are made of.

My opinion to Govols14... let's get through districts, before we worry about state. Then regions, then sections.... you get my point.

I believe in them, but that won't do anything unless they believe in themselves (cue the theme music now, please)

Certainly they have a shot and opportunity, but if I had to bet, I would bet no....in reality there are 8 or so teams that can win it depending on a bucket full of variables....so picking any one team to win it today is a bad bet. CAK''s strength of schedule is certainly suspect compared to some of the other top A/AA teams, but maybe that works for them...the more logical speculation may be..."who makes it to state?"....then we can specualte on the winner.... CAK, CCS, ND, Chuck Doak :D , etc!