south doyle improved

notright

I have been the first to get on Mr.Hutchins,now i am going to be the first to say good job. They had powell on ther heels all night, this was the best i have seen south doyle play in a longtime. They still made mistakes but they played with heart and guts. Keep up the hard work kees and good things will happen. If it wasnt for powells qb it would have been a different game he is all they have on offense. Powell defense line is pretty good but south doyle moved the ball consitintley.Look out halls and lenior city, who knows about central.

I have been the first to get on Mr.Hutchins,now i am going to be the first to say good job. They had powell on ther heels all night, this was the best i have seen south doyle play in a longtime. They still made mistakes but they played with heart and guts. Keep up the hard work kees and good things will happen. If it wasnt for powells qb it would have been a different game he is all they have on offense. Powell defense line is pretty good but south doyle moved the ball consitintley.Look out halls and lenior city, who knows about central.

148 yards of total offense is moving the ball consistently?

Yep, an ugly win is better than no win and based on the last two games, it seem like Powell better get used to that. My question is why in the heck won't they identify and address those stupid, pointless mistakes that keep biting them in the end? Why not make the punter work on getting that ball off faster? Why not tell the running backs NOT to run up the middle into their own linemen? and delay of game of game penalties.....come on....how many is that? For some reason I'm thinking that the Seniors (many who are and can potentially go play college ball) need to start thinking a little more independently and not rely so much on their coaches telling them everything that they need to do. I guess that means.....God forbid should I say it....they actually start making some choices on their own based off of what the coaches are telling them. I don't know, maybe they get in trouble for that.

I knew this game wasn't going to be a blow out though. South Doyle will continue to improve and they are by no means out of the running. And here's a moral victory for South Doyle though. At least that good running back they've got didn't transfer to Powell :ph34r: ...or better yet, Maryville :(

Edited by Ntheknow2

The boneheaded mistakes that Powell continues to make are a sign of a young coach who still doesn't have control of his team. I don't think they will fix these problems until at least next season, and I think it will cost them a playoff birth. I thought Powell, once again, did everything they could to lose that game. They played that same sloppy football against Webb earlier this year, and it cost them. It cost them against Maryville and McCallie, but those games weren't even close to begin with. The only game Powell has played this season that was even remotely 'good' was last week against Farragut, and that was just a tease. The Panthers won't be able to get away with that against Halls next week.

Edited by osunut2

Yep, an ugly win is better than no win and based on the last two games, it seem like Powell better get used to that. My question is why in the heck won't they identify and address those stupid, pointless mistakes that keep biting them in the end? Why not make the punter work on getting that ball off faster? Why not tell the running backs NOT to run up the middle into their own linemen? and delay of game of game penalties.....come on....how many is that? For some reason I'm thinking that the Seniors (many who are and can potentially go play college ball) need to start thinking a little more independently and not rely so much on their coaches telling them everything that they need to do. I guess that means.....God forbid should I say it....they actually start making some choices on their own based off of what the coaches are telling them. I don't know, maybe they get in trouble for that.

I knew this game wasn't going to be a blow out though. South Doyle will continue to improve and they are by no means out of the running. And here's a moral victory for South Doyle though. At least that good running back they've got didn't transfer to Powell :D ...or better yet, Maryville :D

I can't and won't disagree with 99.999% of what you said. There are still issues to be addressed, but don't be so sure they are not being addressed.

Last night was one of those types of games that could have ended up in dissaster, but fortunately, it didn't. About all that can be said is that it was a win.

If Powell comes out with a similar effort this week, they will end up with a loss.

I don't blame Powell's young coach for not having control of his team. How can you say that? These guys are well behaved boys who seem to make the fatal mistake of relying too much on the authority to tell them EVERYTHING to do. If last year's team was out of control, this team is too much UNDER control. If anything, maybe Lowe needs to get onto his assistants for NOT making their units work more on the mechanics of the game. I would venture to say OSU, that this may be where the young coach is having problems.

Discipline wise, Powell's team has the potential to carry out whatever they are asked to do by their coaches, but they need to be "taught" to play the game.....not just "listen" to the coaches. The coaches and players need to recognize the dynamics between them as a team. I could be wrong, but I'm just stating my opinion based on what I'm seeing.

Edited by Ntheknow2