Injuries during the game........

Mustanmomma

You mean that by 12:08, (the time of your post) on the day after your son was carried off the field and sent to the er, the head coach has not called to check on him? If this is so, the coach needs a foot in his rear end, and since i'm related to this player in question, I may be the man who administers it!

wow that is unreal and do not blame you abit

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you. It isnt a rule per TSSAA but it should be a rule of thumb. Any time there is a player down the teammates of the player and the other team should take a Knee it shows several different things in the team, respect, concern,manners,hope,sportsmanship and most of all CARE for their fellow players. My son will tell his team mates to take a knee if a player is down some dont always like it but he gets them to one knee. I hope your son will be ok and have a speedy recovery and find himself back in the field. God Bless you and your son.You are in our prayers here in Harriman.

It was my/our son who was injured. You shouldn't have any problem figuring out who I am based on my login name. Family came to the ER, girlfriend came to the ER, moms and dads came by the ER. Players came by the house, many people called, and it took me an extra hour to get groceries tonight, having to stop and give an update on #56.

No coaches have come by or even called; and one of the coaches lives 2 houses down. Do you want to guess where I'll be in the morning?

My son gives 110% on every play and has given his heart-and-soul to this program for 4 years.

I could care less if the opposing team takes a knee, but a little concern for an injured player is one of the characteristics of a respectable coaching staff.

I've always told #56 that when the final whistle blows, they will forget about you. But I was wrong ... the coaching staff forgot about him mid-season.

Man, I totally agree with you! That is unheard of where I go to school and I attend one of the larger colleges. Your coach and coaching staff needs to be looked at by administration and parents need to look at who their kids are really playing for. Angry isn't the word here .........totally missed UP! Just curious, he is first string and a senior? Coaches.....Come ON! Someone on the staff should have at least been at the ER with him. Our team wishes him a speedy recovery

It was my/our son who was injured. You shouldn't have any problem figuring out who I am based on my login name. Family came to the ER, girlfriend came to the ER, moms and dads came by the ER. Players came by the house, many people called, and it took me an extra hour to get groceries tonight, having to stop and give an update on #56.

No coaches have come by or even called; and one of the coaches lives 2 houses down. Do you want to guess where I'll be in the morning?

My son gives 110% on every play and has given his heart-and-soul to this program for 4 years.

I could care less if the opposing team takes a knee, but a little concern for an injured player is one of the characteristics of a respectable coaching staff.

I've always told #56 that when the final whistle blows, they will forget about you. But I was wrong ... the coaching staff forgot about him mid-season.

I was just told by my son this morning. He and his girlfriend went by the coach's house (defensive coach) to get the keys from the field house, so he could pick up his clothes. My son cannot drive due to the injury he received. To be fair about the situation the coach Then ask about my son.

I have been taken off the football field twice in an ambulance. With that said i dont think it is disrespectful for the players to be standing up. It should not matter how they are standing around as long as they are not making fun of him. When a player was hurt i would either get on a knee or stand up and stretch. Standing up does not show disrespect.

I hope your son is o.k.

I have been taken off the football field twice in an ambulance. With that said i dont think it is disrespectful for the players to be standing up. It should not matter how they are standing around as long as they are not making fun of him. When a player was hurt i would either get on a knee or stand up and stretch. Standing up does not show disrespect.

I hope your son is o.k.

thank you for your opinion, I hope you are okay. Thank you for the well wishes. It's good to hear from others, it helps me to understand and see from a different prospective.

You mean that by 12:08, (the time of your post) on the day after your son was carried off the field and sent to the er, the head coach has not called to check on him? If this is so, the coach needs a foot in his rear end, and since i'm related to this player in question, I may be the man who administers it!

The Coaches said they didn't know about my son. They were told, he only had a sprain. A lot of miscommunication.....The Defensive Line Coach came by my house today and was very concerned about my son, he is a good man. I don't know about the rest of the coaches. The communication was not there. If someone is reading this, I believe it would be a good idea if there would be someone from the team in attendance to the E.R. if a player needs to be transferred, then there will be no communication problems. Of course, someone that is not directly involved with team plays.

I'm glad Coach T is here, it has solved some issues for me and also explained some I had no idea about.

this kid leaves everything on the field every time he plays. hope he is ok and will be able to return. if he doesnt it will be a hard blow, especially since he was having to go both way. keep us updated. dont care much for his dad though :thumb:

Hey Hard Head, thank you! I believe my son does the best he can. We are not sure what he has. We went to doctor today and they don't know. We are on our way to Jackson this week for an MRI, may be a hairline fracture with some torn Ligaments. He thinks he is going to play next week....poor guy....we need to get a picture of them, don't you think?

O.k. I still play and maybe im brutally honest but the other guys and I have talked about this before, and i think most players would agree that if someone from the opposing team gets hurt thats too bad,but thats it its just too bad. If he's grabbing his shoulder or knee or something were not overly concerned.. sure we hope he's ok no one wants anyone to get hurt. We do take a knee every time someone gets hurt ( remember brutally honest) but its more than anything for a breather. If the guy sprained or strained something it doesnt bother me a bit. If tore ligiments that stinks but its part of the game. We all know the dangers we expose ourselves too every time we snap those helmets. To say its not showing class by standing is a bit harsh. We had a guy go down 2 weeks ago with a neck injury. He laid on the feild for 30mins, paramedics and all. Our own guys got up and stretched, and im pretty sure it made no difference to him or his family what we were doing, they were just worried about their son. Hope your boy turns out to be ok. Im sure everyone wishes him the best of luck.

I don't know when this started,it's a relatively new thing....I think it is a good gesture to do...I think it's a little harsh to say a team is without class not to take the helmet off and take a knee..God,forbid either of my sons gets in that situation where they are the ones on the ground,but I don't believe my first thought would be why are the opposing players not on a knee....Now,on the other hand if they were jawing and pointing and high fiving about my kid being hurt,that would be different...Of course if that was happening,I would imagine that security would have to be keeping me off the field to keep a situation from occurring....

From one football parent to another,I pray every day that neither of my two ever get injured playing this game.....I hope your son is O.K. and gets back on the field very soon.... :thumb:

I totally agree with you. It is a good gesture, but it is not manditory. I would be a lot more worried about my son than whether or not the team took a knee. Personally, I was at the game, I think it was a shame and disgrace that the parent was yelling at the top of her lungs at the other team to take a knee. Our stands were somewhat quiet, then all you hear is screaming at the other team. Do you really think that the other team could hear you?? I found it very rude. I would have been more focused on my son than on the other team. It doesn't show class whether or not a team takes a knee, although it is a kind gesture. When a player is down, do the teams usually not take a break and get water if the player is down for any extended length of time. Are they supposed to stay on their knees then?? Who is to say? If the players took a knee everytime a guy was slow to get up, or had a cramp, the entire football game would last all night. Worry about your son and not what other people are doing or not doing. It was a lack of communication for the coaches not coming or calling the er. I have seen some parents jerk their child to the er over the smallest cramp. Your son may have been severly injured, but with a large coaching staff, plus three trainer/doctors, the right hand doesn't always tell the left hand what is going on. I hope your son is ok, but focus on him and getting him well, don't let all of this negativity with what was done or not done get in the way of your son's recovery.