Dobyns-Bennett 1-0 Oak Ridge

mjuhb

As we all know, soccer is probably the only sport that the best team does not win. I would agree that there were quite a few calls not made by the ref against DB, especially since OR had the same ref against Farragut & he called EVERYTHING!!!

Oak Ridge was not on its top game offensively & DB just happened to get a rebounded shot in the goal. There aren't any excuses that matter because DB got the win, whether home cooked or not. I'm sure these two will probably meet in sub-state again and revenge will be felt.

ive seen DB over the years at the Katie Hunter tourny over the years in Oak Ridge and there coach does a nice job of playing a system of play that matches his talent level and does what he needs to do to give his girls a chance to win against more talented teams. He get his players fit, gets everyone back behind the ball defensively (jams the defensive space with players) and keeps a fast player on the sweeper looking for the quick counter. He wins a lot of games 1-0. It may not be pretty all the time but he teaches it well and it makes his "team" dangerous to play against if you are not ready for the bunker in and counter style of play.

The best team on paper is simply that, if they cant find a way to get one in the net and the other team does. I would have thought OR would have won, but DB executed there game plan and got the result they were looking for.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the game and both teams played evenly and the game was a great match. I noticed that DB was playing a 4-5-1. Their coach probably did this defensive formation because he did not want to take any chances with the Oak Ridge strong offense. However, DB had some good breaks and in the second half, tori head(#11) ran down the sideline and crossed one in to grace mccord(#4) for a goal. This one chance was their break. I do believe that Oak Ridge did play a very good and physical game but did not notice much one sided officiating...

We'll see, but DB and M-West will have a lot to say about that!

Tenntarpon,

YOUR #'S BEEN CALLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Willing to bet greeneville is a +3 goal team over west. Just an unlucky game. Guess we will see what happens when it matters.

Edited by tweezer00