District 8AA

timbdp

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHHS lost by around 20 to Antioch but they get a rematch this Saturday, it will be a lot closer this week I will guarantee it. Yes Tim that Mt.Juliet game is boys only and no tourney after Christmas, that one @Lipscomb is taking the place of Illionois Tourney.

there not playing as many games as they did last year why?and do you know if are there are any girls only games and what tournaments are they going to?

Edited by timbdp

Not sure about the girls except I know a bunch of them quit. And I'm pretty sure coach wants to save our legs more this year, last year towards the end of the year we had no legs so that's why we aren't playing as many games. Obviously he thinks we're going to make a run deep in the postseason.

hey do you what time is white house playing at antioch on 11/11

Tuesday, November 7, 2006 11:08 PM EST

Home News Contact Us Advertising Links Search FAQs

Home News Latest Double A: Region 1-4 Pre-Season Previews Double A: Region 1-4 Pre-Season Previews

Written by Andre Whitehead

Tuesday, 07 November 2006

The first of two looking at the AA ranks.

We start the AA secton with the same notice that accompanied all the others. Some areas we were able to get better information that others so the predictions will be made with the info we have.

REGION 1AA:

District 1AA:

Unicoi County

Happy Valley

South Greene

Johnson County

Elizabethton

Sullivan North

West Greene

Chucky-Doak

District 2AA:

Pigeon Forge

Claiborne County

Rutledge

Union County

Gatlinburg Pittman

Cumberland Gap

ALL REGION 1AA TEAM:

Adam Woodrick-Pigeon Forge (MVP)

Ikey Weaver-Unicoi County

Skyler McBee-Rutledge

Micah Collie-Elizabethton

Josh Estes-Claiborne County

Cody Dixon-Pigeon Forge

Ivan McCarty-Union County

Drew Rice-Unicoi County

Brian O'Dell-Claiborne County

David Joyner-Sullivan North

REGION 2AA:

District 3AA:

Austin East

Alcoa

Fulton

Seymour

Carter

Gibbs

District 4AA:

Anderson County

Knoxville Catholic

Loudon

CAK

Kingston

Stone Memorial

Scott County

ALL REGION 2AA TEAM:

Justin Walker-Austin East (MVP)

Michael White-Anderson County

Kyrus Lanxter-Alcoa

Ryan Walden-Knoxville Catholic

James Gallman-Fulton

Grant Gasper-Loudon

Derrick Lee-Seymour

Justin Givens-Kingston

Xavier Bingham-Carter

Shae Crank-Stone Memorial

TENNESSEE PREP HOOPS STATE TOURNAMENT REPRESENTATIVES: Austin East and Unicoi County

REGION 3AA:

District 5AA:

McMinn Central

Brainard

Tyner Academy

Polk County

Meigs County

Boyd Buchanon

Tellico Plains

Sequoyah

Sweetwater

District 6AA:

East Ridge

Chattanooga Christian

Howard

Notre Dame

Bledsoe County

Hixson

Marion County

Grundy County

Sequatchie County

ALL REGION 3AA TEAM:

Phillip Jurick-East Ridge (MVP)

Chauncey Thompson-Notre Dame

Darren Chandler-Tyner Academy

Casey Browder-McMinn Central

Chris Little-Tellico Plains

William Moore-Chattanooga Christian

Michael Ford-Howard

Orlandis Jackson-Brainard

Stephen Cook-Chattanooga Christian

Michael Nicolo-McMinn Central

REGION 4AA:

District 7AA:

Upperman

Livingston Academy

DeKalb County

Smith County

Macon County

York Institute

Cannon County

Dsitrict 8AA:

White House

Station Camp

Goodpasture

DCA

Greenbriar

Portland

ALL REGION 4AA TEAM:

John Jenkins-Station Camp (MVP)

Jeremy Barnes-White House

Kurt Caton-Greenbriar

DeAndre Bass-Dekalb County

Chase Dunn-Livingston Academy

Adam Cummings-Portland

Andrew McDonald-Station Camp

Rogers Gaines-White House

Dean Ramsey-Livingston Academy

TENNESSEE PREP HOOPS STATE TOURNAMENT REPRESENTATIVES: White House and McMinn Central

Next >

[ Back ]

Event Calendar

November 2006

Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa

1 2 3 4

5 6 7 8 9 10 11

12 13 14 15 16 17 18

19 20 21 22 23 24 25

26 27 28 29 30

2006 unapproved website.com

Edited by BenStiller23

Awww! Is someone hatin on the panthers? Yea they did get beat but that was preseason and pre workouts and practices and not to mention all of portland players weren't present. I'm not sayin they will win state but i agree with aj1133 They will be in every ballgame!

Yes….CJ would have been the best player in this district hands down. I feel sure he will be successful wherever he goes. With that said…..I still think Goodpasture will compete for one of the top 4 spots. I know they have some young talent, along with a 6’8” post player. Station Camp and White House are probably your two preseason top teams now. Greenbrier graduated their post players but return 2 starters and a slew of young talent that went 16-1 in their JV games last year. I know there are some Portland fans on here that are expecting them to be better and they should be, but I saw them scrimmage Greenbrier in the spring and Greenbrier beat them handily. DCA should be improved as well. I expect a lot close games in 8-AA this year.

Not trying to be negative…but overall district 8-AA will be down as a whole. I really don’t anticipate any of these teams advancing to the state like Goodpasture did last year. One or two may advance to the substate and that’s only because they compete against 7-AA in the region. I do hope I’m wrong. None of these teams could compete with Pearl Cohn, Lipscomb or MLK this year.

I’m an 8-AA fan…..and looking forward to seeing some great games. Best of luck to all of these teams.

Awww! Is someone hatin on the panthers? Yea they did get beat but that was preseason and pre workouts and practices and not to mention all of portland players weren't present. I'm not sayin they will win state but i agree with aj1133 They will be in every ballgame!

Not hating on the Panthers what so ever. I just think they are still young....but they do play hard. The talent pool in Portland is not as strong as it has been in past years. I hope they do well this year.

Good Luck.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok... Whatkind of nerd gets on here and dares to say that white house MIGHT have the best starting five in the mid state and possibly the whole state. Give me a break... White house was better last year and they didn't have the best five then. You mean to tell me that you are sayig that white house's starting five could match up and or beat teams like like Bolivar Central, Memphis Mitchell, Brentwood Academy, EVEN MLK. No.... plain and simple. you obviously are FROM white house and that i will try to look past but, geese, don't make yourself look so stupid by making asinie posts like this...

WHITE HOUSE MIGHT HAVE THE BEST STARTING FIVE IN THE MIDSTATE IF NOT THE WHOLE STATE. BARNES HAS STARTED SINCE HE WAS A FRESHMAN , AND GARRET WOOD HAS PLAYED CONSIDERABLE MINUTES SINCE HE WAS A FRESHMAN. PATRICK RUCKER HAS ALSO PLAYED ALOT OF MINUTES THESE LAST FEW SEASONS. TYLER WELCH IS A HEADY BALLPLAYER WHO DOESNT MISS VERY OFTEN IF HES OPEN , AND BIG DADDY GAINES IS A STAR IN THE MAKING. THEIR BENCH WAS STRONG BEFORE ZACK TROUBAUGH CAME BACK BUT NOW IT'S EVEN DEEPER.ALSO THEY HAVE ARGUABLY THE BEST COACH IN THE STATE IN DANNY MATHIS. EVEN BEFORE CJ LEFT THEY WERE THE FRONTRUNNERS TO WIN THE DISTRICT TO ANYONE WHO FOLLOWS THIS DISTRICT.

GOODPASTURE HAS LOST EVERY STARTER FROM LAST YEAR NOW THAT DAVIS IS GONE, AND IVE HEARD THE 6 FT 8 KID OFF THE BENCH ISNT PLAYING TO CONCENTRATE ON BASEBALL. HE WAS AN IMPRESSIVE DEFENSIVE PLAYER... SO BASICALLY THEY LOST THEIR TOP 6 PLAYERS FROM LAST YEAR.

STATION CAMP LOST ALL 5 STARTERS EVEN THOUGH JENKINS WAS PROBABLY THEIR 2ND BEST PLAYER BEHIND JOSH JONES. JENKINS HAS A GOOD SHOT AT PLAYING BIG TIME COLLEGE BASKETBALL. HES ALREADY A BETTER SHOOTER THEN COREY BREWER , BUT WILL HE BECOME 6 FT 8?