Bearden vs Campbell Co.

CougarTrav02

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well its Homecoming for the Cougars. The much improved Bulldogs come up I-75 looking to wreck the homecoming fun of Campbell Co. Last year, it was a disaster for the Cougars as the came home shut out 41-0. This year, I hope the Cougars will fair better but I think Bearden will most likely do the same again.

the homecoming queen will be going home happy...

and probably her family and friends ill too...

it will have to be an uset of monumwental proportions for for other cougar fans to leave inthat same state of mind...

but there is always hope ...

pulling fo rthe cougs but.....

Bearden's D won't give up any points this week you be the judge of the final score and who wins.

So peeblee, what is it with the Cougars football program? I know in the past the basketball teams have been pretty good (you people up there are basketball crazy). Is it a lack of interest to the point where you can't get decent feeder programs going? Is it demographics along the lines of what Fisher DeBerry has said (and been unjustly criticized for)? You've got Jacksboro and a couple of other middle schools, right? I know it's hard to compete in 5A, but I'm just curious what you think the problem(s) is (are).

How are u doing Coach? Not looking good for the CC Cougars this week? U might have to come to Knoxville To see the Battle of Emory RD. Looks to be a good one.

it is homecoming, so if I attend a game it will be teh CC-Bearden matchyp...

I dont go to many games anymore...

coached, did radio and TV, did newspare sports..

just kinda fading out of teh spotlight and concentrating mostly on my pesonal life...

so that means me and the lady will probably be spending more quality time together...

So peeblee, what is it with the Cougars football program? I know in the past the basketball teams have been pretty good (you people up there are basketball crazy). Is it a lack of interest to the point where you can't get decent feeder programs going? Is it demographics along the lines of what Fisher DeBerry has said (and been unjustly criticized for)? You've got Jacksboro and a couple of other middle schools, right? I know it's hard to compete in 5A, but I'm just curious what you think the problem(s) is (are).

jaclsboro middle has always been quality program....

lafollette middle has had some decent years too...

the problem lies deeper than teh feeder programs...actually it might be beter to qualify them as problems rather than a problem...

one winning seasonin teh schools histroy doesnt help...

losing year in and year out doesnt help...

its reallyhard to pinpoint teh root of teh lack of success...

some locals say that teh middle schools should not play whichis pure bunk...

some say that in the past that coaches come and go (whether they are fired or just move on at their own liking) like its a coaching merry go round ...

some coaches were fired because of local political differences...

so politics has played a role of some sort ...

so what is the problem at CC???

I hae been watching CC football from teh beginning...

too many problems and issues to even list...

football is almost like a "ho-hum" time in CC...

several good true diehard fans, but more fair weather fans than those types...

comminity support hs fluctuated over the years...

an overall commitment to the sport has never really materialized in CC...